How much do you blame Schwartz?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 22, 2006.

?

How much do you blame Schwartz?

  1. 100%

    5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  2. 80-99%

    5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. 60-79%

    4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  4. 40-59%

    4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  5. 20-39%

    2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  6. 1-19%

    1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  7. 0%

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

    TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

    Joined:
    May 24, 2002
    Messages:
    23,074
    How much do you blame Schwartz for our ranking defensively?
    #1
  2. Big TT

    Big TT Pro Bowler

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2003
    Messages:
    7,436
    Schwartzie is responsible for the following:
    pretty much any failure on the D side since 01
    high taxes
    high gas prices
    fall of the roman empire
    rise of communism
    the clinton years
    did I leave anything out...nope that about covers it.:grrhee:
    #2
  3. Childress79

    Childress79 Loungefly ® Tip Jar Donor

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2006
    Messages:
    7,986
    Ginger kids

    :duckrun:
    #3
  4. Riverman

    Riverman That may be....

    Joined:
    May 2, 2005
    Messages:
    8,318
    Interesting choice of words TJ- blame versus hold responsible. I do side with you that the "blame" should be spread to players and asst. coaches. However, I hold Schwartz (and Fisher as HIS superior) 100% "responsible".

    The only thing that motivates me to speak on this subject is that when people begin to dissect the reason for the defensive demise, they appear to give Schwartz a pass from his responsibility and accountability for the end product or defensive performance.
    #4
  5. Bobo

    Bobo Guest

    110% :ha: But seriously, he can't completely overcome bad play by LT, RH, PS, the d-line. But he isn't a genius DC that can polish a turd. I'd say he's more than half responsable.
    #5
  6. SupDawg

    SupDawg Guest

    60-79%.. The remaining % is Reese and position coaches.
    #6
  7. KamikaZ

    KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

    Joined:
    May 24, 2003
    Messages:
    5,827
    80% exactly. His schemes simpily don't work, players who have succeded in other schemes (read: rookies and FAs) have played worse here then in other places. I struggle to find his positives, because we really haven't had a GREAT defense under his tenure.

    That said, we have glaring holes in some positions, which falls to Fisher, position coaches, and Reece...
    #7
  8. fitantitans

    fitantitans This space For Rent

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2002
    Messages:
    1,768
    I had to go 80%. The other 20% falls on the guy(s) that should have fired him last year. For my Christmas wish, I would like to hold the door open when he leaves. Hopefully he'll be closely followed by Thompson, Hill, Brown(sorry about that Pro-Brown guys), and Pillar.
    #8
  9. Blazing Arrow

    Blazing Arrow The 12th man

    Joined:
    May 5, 2006
    Messages:
    4,650
    Does anyone feel that maybe Schwartz is unwilling to blitz at times do to our lack of talent on the D line? Or the lack of experience and talent at certain positions in the secondary.

    If you blitz and it is picked up which in most cases our bltiz's are you lose the game (for that play). The pressure shifts to our young secondary to make the play. RH is not going to do it. LT is not going to do it. PacMan until recently was not consistent enough to do it. Last season Tank had stone feet and was not going to do it. ("it" being stepping up and making a play).

    Schwartz has coached some solid defenses for us but when the talent lacks it shows. Is this something we can blame on Schwartz? Is the slow development of PacMan and his off season issues really Schwartz's problems? A depleted secondary due to injuries? Total lack of talent on the D line?

    The last few games our penalties are down our 3rd down stops are up and the D is playing better. Talent is starting to emerge and the play calling is changing. Is this a Schwartz adjustment to talent improving or a forced moved by Fisher?

    I said in the 20% BTW.
    #9
  10. Hoffa

    Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2003
    Messages:
    12,735
    Those were great years, I had more fun back then.
    #10
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.