How Much Credit Should VY Get?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Nov 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm watching NFL LIVE and Merril Hoge called VY a good QB. It's a miracle.

2. TennT1tan

TennT1tan Camp Fodder

Ahem, when we were 0-6, Some of us tried to convince the doubters about the reasons for our standing. Some of us postulated that there were 'locker room problems'. This is a euphemism, in this case, for the team has a problem with those or something 'outside' the locker room.

Some of us we able to see that team players were distressed, they 'appeared' to have grievances with VY not playing, the Defensive Coordinator, the way personnel were being treated. We implored Bud to take some action.

He did! Boy did he!!!! Fisher was directed to put VY in. VY's ethic of let's have 'some fun' seemed to work. (Was this a statement to the effect that 'someone' was being too much of a control freak with the team.)

VY proved his value to the team in the succeeding 5 weeks. The team has coalested around VY's style. There are looser and more accurate. Where did the dropped balls, missed tackles, missed assignments go? THEY ARE A TEAM AGAIN!

As Bud said...this is the same team (-1) that did so well last year. So in the end, it does appear that 'control freaks' do generally lose in the end.

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

One thing that I feel has been greatly overlooked is Vince's new found ability/confidence in the deep ball. It seems like in just about every game I see him heaving the ball 30+ yards downfield and hitting receivers right in stride.... this was BY FAR the biggest knock on him prior to his starts this year. He made poor decisions and he threw deep balls directly to safeties. Well IDK about you but it seems to me like he enjoys airing the ball out and is damn good at it. I remember either against Houston or Buffalo he hit Washington right in the hands on a bomb that would have been a 60 yard TD and he dropped it....

I really enjoy watching him play. He stands tall in the pocket, goes thru his progressions, looks off defenders, and makes good throws. He has literally corrected every aspect of his game that needed work from what I've seen. He won't always get 250-300 yards, simply because of our gameplan (run first) and his style (unorthodox). But if he continues to play like this then he is simply cannot be guarded....I've seen him beat several blitzes and QB spies with deep throws or TD passes in the redzone. That is the sign on a mature, confident QB. One that forces them to leave a spy in then throws it over their head...that is difficult for any defense to contend with.

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Wasn't that way for Kerry Collins....I even said that and you defended him for weeks when we were losing..

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

:bsflag:
    Show me where I said Collins wasn't part of the blame. You can't.

What I said is that Collins wasn't the main reason the Titans were losing. Think Young would have made a difference for those two FGs Bironas missed/had blocked against the Steelers? How about that fourth quarter/overtime defensive meltdown? Collins played well enough to win that game. Do you honestly think Young would have won in a game where special teams turned over the football twice against the Jets for two easy TDs? Collins brought the team back in that game. Think Young would have made a difference when Griffin bites TWICE on play-action and the Texans get two easy TDs? No way the Titans lose that game except for a serious defensive meltdown. You think Young does enough against the Jags, Colts and Pats in those games? Seriously?

Quit kidding yourself. Like I said, the QB usually gets too much praise for a win and blame for a loss.

6. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I do think we would have won the texan game with vince, collins gave that game away. Collins was having to many turnovers and 3 and outs and he would not throw the screen to CJ. Teams had figured out that blitz him and he throws it up.

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

A screen is a designed play, not an on-the-fly decision. You may be talking about a check down or a flat route, but it was never Collins's decision to throw a screen to CJ...if they don't call a HB screen you can't really execute one.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

It was not only a team effort but a great job of coaching on the Titans part and IMO poor coaching on the Cardinals side. Basically the Cards gave the Titans almost all those passes obviously assuming with the time left and the distance to go that at some point the Titans would run out of downs or time. Still, the crossing patterns and out patterns underneath were a gift as the Cards dropped 4 deep. Dinger did a geat job of picking the right players to handle the ball and the plays. Everyone did their job and we won. Really in that drive there were no superhuman runs or catches except maybe Britts catch at the end. The team simply executed what was called and the play calling took advantage of what the Cards gave us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar