How Much Credit Should VY Get?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Nov 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

I gotta say he dealt well with the card blitzes on that 99yrd drive. Some passes were made when a defender was LITERALLY like half a foot from HIS FACE and he still made the pass.

That's what most people would call improvement and a reason to give at least SOME credit. I iwll say that the D has actually SHOWN UP the last 5 games for certain...at least compared to the first 6 :lol:

I don't understand the people who credit the entire turnaround JUST to Young.

But I have even LESS understanding for those who refuse to give him ANY DAMN CREDIT...especially because he refuses to be a statue in the pocket and (god forbid) evade people trying to sack his arse. Wtf? Isn't that called being smart?

No...all we get are people yelling "he doesn't know how to stay in the pocket!" ..... lulz

2. The_Jerr83

The_Jerr83 Camp Fodder

Thanks for that shot, but i have read your posts and you really dislike Vince and the point for this whole thread that you made is to make everyone see that Vince has nothing to do with this teams turn around. Its so obvious. Yes the team is playing better. CJ is doing tremendous because of Vince. Who is the defense going to stop? Vince's presence is helping CJ alot.

Fisher is a great coach? If it wasnt for Bud Adams we would still see Kerry F'in Collins playing right now.

Vince is the spark for this teams turn around. The Defense is playing better than before because Vince is extending the drives to were we don't get 3 and outs as much. So there for gives our Defense that much needed rest on the field.

Also its not reading Comprehension, its called "Listening" because you posted a little video about two no name guys on espn "Talking" about the titans turnaround. There is nothing to read there buddy.

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Guys....everyone is failing to realize that Vinces ability to extend drives DIRECTLY impacts the defense. You think a team could score 59 points if they didn't hold the ball for nearly 3/4 of the game? No way they could. Vinces playmaking abilities keeps our defense on the bench and their defense on their heels. They are most definitely associated.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

burn

5. dahobbs

dahobbs Camp Fodder

Of course you could have just started a post specifically praising those players. You know, like the thread about Kenny Britt. Instead you chose to start a thread specifically focusing on Vince Young.

6. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Great job, now we know you are multi-comprehensive. So once again, why did YOU bring up KFC in a post that had nothing to do with him?

7. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

And how is it you know this to be a FACT?

You boys just keep chasing cleats.

8. The_Jerr83

The_Jerr83 Camp Fodder

Why did you just make a Double Post talking about the same person? You could have edited this in your post.

The point i brought up with Kerry Collins is that if the move was not done then the titans would not have won 5 games in a row. C'Mon Man 0-6 with Kerry was not enough for you? You still think we would win 5 staright with him?

Its obvious you want Kerry out there with the way Vince is playing, or wouldnt be (not directly saying but using other words to make it not sound like you are hating) downplay Vince.

You'r right though you didnt mention Kerry, but the point of this thread is that your trying to downplay Vince's play. you just cant accept that Vince proved you wrong about him and is doing good.

De-Nile is not just a river in Egypt.

Comprehend That.

9. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I just don't get it, how can people on here still argue? The Team is playing great but Vince is doing what Collins couldn't, extend drives and keep the defense on the sideline. Creating long drivesdirectly affects our defenses ability to consistently pressure the qb. So the team is playing well and vy deserves alot of credit for the turnaround.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Vince has a hell of a lot to do with our turnaround. Is he the sole reason? No. But if you don't think he has as much to do with it as anyone you are a hater plain and simple. That, or blind. As someone already said, Vince's ability to extend drives helps the defense tremendously.

Get over it haters. Vince is looking damn good so far. You don't have a leg to stand on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar