How many times will ESPN let Jaws and Hogge tear down Young????

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Laserjock, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Jaws is dissin' Vince...wha?

Now, if my memory serves me correct, I recall Hodge was the one bashing Vince and Jaws was the one sticking up for him. He defended all the negatives Hodge threw out there like "not taking a snap under center" and Jaws took Vince's side saying he didn't take snap from center in college either. That's messed up if he jumped on the hater bandwagon.

2. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Hogge made the statement yesterday morning that Croyle was going to be the best qb in this draft...............that statement speaks for itself he knows nothing about qb's. He said that Young worked out of the shotgun 80 to 90 percent of the time..........may have his last season but remember his sophmore year Cedric Benson was the back and he ran the eye 80 perecent of the time and he won the rose bowl that year too!

Dan Reeves said on sat. radio that Young was the number one player in this draft on his board!

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

That's not how Jaws sounded while I was watching on Saturday. :suspect:

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

With a name like Merrill, he shouldnt be bashing anyone.

5. metal957

metal957 Starter

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Not all espn...

thew favorite QB for 6 of the so called anal-ysts.

Salisbury and kiper-lienart

Hodge and jaws---cutler

Irvin and jackson-young

Now kiper rated lienart ahead of young but barely he had lienart 3rd overall on his big board and young 4th and you didn't here anything from him that was negative.

I don't like the word hate being used here. Hodge and jaws just don't appreciate what young can do enough. They are all ga ga over guys like manning, brady and palmer and because young doesn't fit that mold they don't appreicate him. History will tell us who is right.

I was impressed about jaws comments and analysis regarding clemons. He made me a believer.

7. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I like NFL Net's analysts much better. The guys at espn are just trying to throw opinions out. At least the guys NFLN back there stuff up with facts.

PhiSlammaJamma, the NFL Network did the one show at nine and just ran re-runs of it all night.

8. What is particularly vile about ESPN using that SAME PLAY over and over again to demonstrate how Vince can't read defenses is that the play was from his FRESHMAN season!

He's TONS better now than he was then.

9. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

people are stupid... Vince's actions will speak for themselves...

10. This is definiitely bigger than anything else. If it is one thing Dan Reeves could do is evaluate QB talent. After all, he pulled the biggest Sports Coup in history acquiring Elway through the secret trap door... dissing the Dolts... then he played a part in the drafting of one QB named Michael Vick.... One might deny this but remember, the class of 83 had 7 QBs taken in the first two rounds that all had significant careers but only two champions: John Elway and Phil Simms. Elway was the only QB in history to star in 5 Super Bowls (winning 2 of them).

Ok WU.... Bring the thought home.

Point is, if Reeves rated Young as highly as he did, he has shown more than any skeptics can fight against...... This is a taller, faster, younger version of McNair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar