How many of you left early ?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Nov 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I think Gut, MsTitan and myself all shed a tear when we read that. It will be good to welcome you to the dark side rcarie.:banned:

2. titanfan24

titanfan24 Guest

Stayed until the sweet end!!!

You guys should never leave until there is a three score lead under 5 minutes. I have a formula that was derived when Indy came from 21 down to beat Tampa about 4 years ago on Monday night. With the timeouts and the 2:00 warning, you can be down 14 and still come back.

3. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I spit on the alleged fans who leave early. The players notice the empty seats and they still continued to fight.

Yesterday I sat in box seats with a few former players and when the 4th quarter got started one guy said in a serious voice, "don't go to the bathroom, be quiet cause this is when the comeback begins".

At first I was kind of miffed because where I sat I couldn't have a lot of fun. I sat with people who are seriously into the game. They wanted stats, injury updates, etc. When my friend and I talked about post game activities, we were told to talk about football only! Honestly, I did learn a lot about the game yesterday listening to those guys. They made everyone put their phone on silence!

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Yeah every time one of my buddies says something about the game being over I bring up that game. I believe it was 4 Tds in 4 minutes though. Same day the A's blew the American league championship on two terrible plays.

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Hold your spit just one cotton-pickin minute there, toots!

For over three-fourths of yesterday's game the Titans look as flat and lifeless as it gets. You can't judge another fan, from your box seats, who has endured the many home losses the past few years and decided they had seen enough this time.
    I'm glad the players notice the empty seats, but don't they get paid enough to fight whether the seats are empty or not?

A lot of those fans sacrifice to buy the PSL and the tickets, and to get there every game,
    If you want to spit on some fans how about the PSL owners who don't even bother going to the games, but instead sell them to fans of the opposing team?

6. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

:ha:

Hoffa just got Lendale'd!

or was that a reverse PacMan?

7. Hoffa

I feel like this guy was talking to me,

[​IMG]

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I was face to face with LenDale and I didnt need a towel.

9. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

We stayed the entire game, but it was close. We took my cousin's husband and young daughter. We have never left early, but when it was 3-4 minutes in the 4th and up til then they haven't really showed any life, I noticed how cold this little girl was and the fact that she had school the next day and offered to them that if they needed to go, we could. Of course they said no, but I wanted to put that out there for them.

I am not going to berat fans for leaving early. Anyone who says they weren't "down" when the score was 21-0 well into the 4th quarter, they are fooling themselves. When we scored the first TD, I told my wife that we weren't going to likely win, but man, VY and Pac showed up and VY was showing that he is special.

To be honest, I have been to games that at the end of the game, it has been REALLY empty (remember the Cleveland game). I was pleasantly surprised to see how many stayed considering how in the games that aren't close, we tend to lose BIG. I think the crowd was great.

10. Hoffa

Thank you.
    I had my daughter with me, and we were very warm at the tailgate, and didn't bring any jackets to the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar