How long is Jake Lockers leash?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, May 1, 2014.

?
  1. 1-2

18 vote(s)
    47.4%
  2. 2-3

12 vote(s)
    31.6%
  3. 4

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  4. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 6 and he's a goner

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

This is where I see the problem. Guys arent necessarily coming in more developed. Teams are doing a better job of catering toward what these guys did in college. Jake didnt get that at all. I fail to see where Jake has performed poorly as a whole, particularly last season. I concede the rams game was a little rough. You cant point out individual throws and then say the overall performance is bad. I see the ones you point to, and yea, hes gotta hit the throw to Britt(who probably drops the thing anyway) . Every QB has those. To say there was no improvement in on the field play last season from Jake, especially before the hip injury, would be irresponsible.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Mc9 didnt always play through injuries man. He sure didnt play through anything like Jake has dealt with. People remember Steve for 02-03 when he "played through so many injuries ". Young Mc9 had to learn to play through pain. He sure wasnt carrying that quality in year 3-4.

3. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

I certainly hope you are right.

4. 615nick

615nick Starter

Whiz will cater to locker and the other players sttengths on o and this will def give him the best chance he has had in his career to succeed. so it is without a doubt a.make or break year for him. Im gonna be really pissed if he does.what he did last year and show promise.then get injured

5. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

If that happens, then I will be all for pulling the plug. Heres the thing. As a coach (obviously not even close to the level of Whiz) I coach what I known, what I can communicate to my players. Maybe within his system, there are concessions for a guy with Jakes skill set that he hasnt had to pull out, given the style of QB he has dealt with in the past.I hope so for the sake of the Titans and Jake.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar