How long for Whisenhunt & Co.?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Finnegan2win, Jan 20, 2014.

?
  1. 1 season

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  2. 2 seasons

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  3. 3 seasons

18 vote(s)
    48.6%
  4. 4 or more seasons

13 vote(s)
    35.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

stoopid thread.

There are so many factors that go into it. If the team vastly underperforms, then it is a completely different scenario than if they overachieve, and still come up short. Obviously, if we lose 59-0 all the time, he'll be fired before season's end.

Dumbest thread, considering one snap has not been played.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

:biglaugh:

3. amy

amy Starter

Hey, it's perfectly logical that he has used up his allotment of injuries.

4. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

I am hoping for Wild Card/playoff berth by year 2 and not a legimate contender until year 3 at the earliest.

This also solely rides on what they will do with Locker - he could really set the timetable back if they give him the keys next year and he gets injured or regresses again - which is a scary thought.

Also keep in mind if and when they switch to a 3-4 defense - that may also take time for the team to adjust. So 2014 im going in with low expectations but not extremely low (munchak would have made it go extremely low) now its just low but a 2-3 game improvement.
    QB will set them back or set them ahead of schedule - the rest hopefully falls into place

As these playoffs have showed us - u need a legit QB or Def to make it far which Tennessee has neither, especially not the former, so its a process - we shall see.

5. Hug a Jag

Hug a Jag Starter

This is the NFL.

A season is about to be over that saw a one win team go 11-5. The Colts got lucky or we may have seen them playing last week in the AFC Championship game.

Anything goes if you get the right coaching staff and can figure your QB problems out. Especially if you have talent everywhere else like we do.

6. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I can't get a gauge of how long people here expect us to be in "rebuild" mode? Don't see how that's stupid. Just seeing what expectations are.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

If Whisenhunt doesn't take the team to the playoffs in the first 3 seasons, is it because the Titans "are content with mediocrity"?

How many people will "sell their psls!" if no playoffs after year 1?

I know Fry will be a Packer fan every other day. TorontoTitanFan has already said the Front Office is completely inept for not firing Munch within minutes. Don't get me started on Sawdust of Nick.

I HAVE A LIST!

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I give 3 years. 3 years is a fair amount of time and if things are abysmal for 2 seasons then that can be the end of it as well.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Don't we all wish that was plausible..

10. Rudad

Rudad Starter

Locker is a big key but now they know he has the possibility to be injury prone, they should have a better idea to get a better backup, draft, free agency, etc. .I think this a big part of how the season goes. the other thing is switching to the 3-4, that may take some time to get the ins and outs of it. I do like that we are hiring proven coaches throughout. Kuddos for that. That is very important for a young team. Ready for the season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar