How long before it VY

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Anyone consider the homerun factor in regards to Young?
    He can break the pocket and be long gone... TD TITANS!

We drafted Vince. Deal with it.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

:barf:

3. Canadian Titan

Canadian Titan VY & CJ = New SM & EG

Kerry Collins will start this year, then next season (2007) VY10 will get all the starts!

4. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Not likely, that telegraphs to the defense what kind of play you're about to run. And unlike in college, Vince wont be able to overpower defenses simply by being in the game.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

No matter what happens with McNair, Vince Young should not start a game for 2 years and then COMPETE to start in year 3. He has a lot of things to work on and you don't learn them overnight.

However, he should definitely see some action whenever he's ready for it.

Yes, we could throw him to the wolves and have him start from day 1, but many a QB has been broken that way. If you break his confidence, you could lose him mentally. That's why a lot of teams don't do that. It's hard enough after 2-3 years learning as a backup to come out and dominate.

I think we could see Young start a game late in the season if we're out of it. More likely, he'll see some mop-up time here and there where he doesn't have to throw the ball and the Titans can pick there spots when he passes (or runs).

I do agree with Soxcat (for a change) that the Titans should definitely have him learn some short yardage and endzone packages first (in terms of playbook stuff). If he can learn a handful of plays, he could come in in some games and make a big difference this year even without playing very much.

Hopefully, the Titans will recognize this.

Gut

6. The Titans should let Vince take a few snaps towards the end of the season, may even let him finish a whole half, like they did with Mauck at the end of last season.

I don't want the Titans to do what the 49ers di too Alex Smith

Ben Mcdonoldsburger was a freak occurance, he was lucky that he didn't have to attempt many passes, and they had the run game to help him out.

7. Vince will be starting by 2007, IMHO. He could potentially get some starts by late 2006, but that depends on his progress. And I definitely think they will design some packages for him, ala Kordell Stewart even before he was starting

I think Bud would love for him to be ready to start by December 10 this year...

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'd like to see him get a little time here and there at the end of the season, but no starts until at least mid 2007. Keep it slow, we've got time.

9. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

The Titans will be very patient with Young. There were with McNair and they were not afraid to have a big contract on the bench. He will sit for a year, with perhaps come mop up time games, and possibly even sit for 07 if the Titans don't feel he is ready yet. It would not shock me at all. The guy is raw and has a lot to learn. But when and if he does, damn he will be something.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Ideally he gets some packagaes (short yardage and goal line) to run this season or next and gets some mop up duty when he's ready this season and next. But he probably won't be ready to start til year 3...and even that is not guaranteed.

However, I expect that they may start him in 2007 or Reese and Fisher may not keep their jobs. Bud understands that Young needs some time to develop and if we're still not good in 2007 with Young starting his first year, that's a lot more palatable than stinking with him on the bench in 07 with probably not great QB play in '08 (his first year starting). Because of our recent losing ways, I think Bud will force the issue for the '07 season or Reese will feeling Bud breathing down his neck.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar