How hurt is Hasselbeck?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LANGSTER, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

This wont be a popular thread. How hurt is hasslebeck? It appears to me that he is side arming the ball alot and does not have the velocity on it at all. Is an inj. qb really give you the best chance to win? It maybe the inj., it maybe we have no wr's, but he has not looked very good in atlanta or against tampa to me.

When we cant run the ball or fall behind I fear it is going to get worse.

2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I wouldn't be too concerned. His injury occurred in Atlanta and they put Locker in right after Hass hurt his arm. The next game was Tampa where he threw a wet ball all day, and if you've ever tried to throw a wet football you know how hard it is to control. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Keep in mind on Sunday we play in Buffalo and snow is in the forecast so don't expect it to look much better until at least the next week when we play N.O. at home.

3. bigdogtitan

bigdogtitan Camp Fodder

Matt has been great for this team.He has started every game and shown locker how to be a professional QB.You can't put a price on that. He has been there done that.His arm has never been the strongest and when locker came in during the atl game it was evident that locker can really spin it with some velocity. The biggest problem is getting everyone on the same page offensively.Chemistry with wrs. His picks have been from Mis communication,for the most part,Wrs running wrong routes or breaking the wrong way.

4. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I am scared to watch that game :(

5. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

we play zone we know what brees will do. Bank it greg williams will blitz the hell out of us

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

About as hurt as Keith Bullock. I keed I keed.

I think that MH is more hurt than he's letting on because he knows if he sits that Jake will take his job. That 4th down TD pass was nice but aside from that he hasn't looked very good.

As for the NO game, I really wanna be optimistic but I don't see us winning that one with the way Brees is playing and the way that MH is playing. But I really think that we can beat Buffalo, Jax, Indy and Houston to win the division.

I don't see Houston beating ATL, Carolina or Cinci so when we beat them in week 17 we take the division at 10-6 and send them to 9-7.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I was in the middle of typing a reply of why Houston would beat all of those teams, then I remembered the QB situation. My god sir, you may be correct!

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Considering they barely squeaked out a win against a pathetic Jax, I really do see Matt Ryan, Cam Newton and Andy Dalton being more than capable to beat them. Which would set things up for a week 17 matchup that has the division on the line. It'll be awesome!

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Not that I don't agree..... but the pathetic Jax beat our arse.

10. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Even if MH was playing at the level of Brees, there is a HUGE difference in the supporting cast around each one (and the coaching).

As much as I would like it....we are not going to win the division.
    I'll settle for a wild card birth at this point, and that may be stretching it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar