How Hot is The Coaching Seat Jeff Fisher is Sitting On?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CKTitan, Oct 4, 2009.

?
  1. Cold

21 vote(s)
    18.3%
  2. Medium

30 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Hot

29 vote(s)
    25.2%
  4. Get the Fire Extinguisher

35 vote(s)
    30.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

I'm not implying that Jeff Fisher's job is in jeopardy:gag:; new DC, injuries to veterans forcing rookies to play, and questionable player movements in the off-season not to mention the NFL gods wanting to see if the Titans' 13-3 record last year was a fluke I expected us to struggle at the start of the season, but not 0-4 with a good possibility of us winding up 0-6 before the bye week. IMO Fisher will get a pass this year, but I'm not sure Bud Adams share my opinion. God forbid if Fisher gets axed or if Reinfeldt gets axed and Fisher replaces him as GM who could Bud Adams bring in to finally put us over the hump?

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I was saying this before we were 0-4... before we were 0-3.... if this season continues on this path I really believe Fisher will be gone. I can't think of too many other franchises out there where 16 years on the job and one Super Bowl appearance (/loss) would cut it.

3. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Unfortunately I dont think they'll fire him. If they do I would be surprised. JF is getting to be like Joe Paterno..in that they respect him so much..they would rather him walk away then fire him. JMO. I mean JF has come in for the last 15yrs with basically the same gameplan..and playcalling so redundant we at home can predict the next play. Yet no real changes have been made. Well have those one or two seasons people get excited about but they usually amount to nothing in the end. Then we're back looking like the mediocre team we are. I honestly think we would have to have several seasons of just absolute disaster for BA to do something

But I hope im wrong !!

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't see Bud making any changes though, if the team continues to play as uninspired as they did today, he should.

5. tnyou

tnyou Guest

Football in America just said that fisher told them that Kerry is not the problem, and will not be changing the QB situation anytime soon.

6. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Mark my words, Jeff Fisher will retire as a Titan unless he leaves on his own terms. If Fisher is fired, another team will pick him up immediately and I'd be afraid to play against that team.

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

thats fine, i'll enjoy watching the home fans boo our own team. Owners dont like that, could hurt ticket sales. let Fishy boy keep being a stupid coach.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Of course !! Why am I not shocked. Problem is JF and Co. have too much pride to make a change. They put all their eggs into KC's basket and not its not working out for them. Especially since KC made it clear he would ONLY come back as the starter. But at what point do you try and make a move thats best for the TEAM and not the player? Just ridiculous sometimes

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

This could be start of a power struggle between JF and BA Adams will force Fisher to play VY if it's a lost cause for the season because Adams does not want to be forced into drafting another franchise QB in the draft when he feels he already has his QB of the future in place.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I voted Medium. Its getting very warm though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar