How hard does our schedule look after week one?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Psychop1, Sep 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I always get a kick about strength of schedule because it's based on the previous season. The NFL has parity. Our toughest games look to be division games. Other than that, there's Pittsburgh without Roethlisburger (which is unfortunate, because I would love to see him get clobbered by our D-Line), and Miami, who we play after our bye.

In summary, the tough games are:

Indy (twice)
    Houston (twice)
    Jacksonville (twice)

Games we should win:

Philly
    Washington
    Giants
    Dallas
    San Diego
    Miami

Games we shouldn't sleep on; might get surprised:

Pittsburgh
    Denver
    Kansas City

At least that's my opinion. There's a lot of football left and a lot yet to still be revealed, but I don't see a single team on our schedule that we can't beat. This team has stepped it's game up, and some of the other teams have lagged behind.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Tough games:

Colts (x2)
    Texans (x2)
    Cowboys
    Chargers
    Giants

Games we should win:

Jags (2x)
    Broncos
    Chiefs

Games we shouldn't sleep on:

Eagles
    Dolphins
    Steelers
    Redskins

We've already played the only game we could sleep on. There are a lot of tough games ahead of us. If we can get to 11-5 that's damn impressive. I'm thinking 10-6 is more realistic.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Broncos are going to be hard to beat because of Robert Ayers. :grrhee:

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Uhhhh... what?

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You're right on with that statement, but I'd never base a teams abilities from their September play. San Diego for example always looks bad in September, but come December they're a hot team you'd rather not have to see. A month from now we'll know who's a contender and a pretender. I'd like to think we're for real, but upon beating better teams than Oakland we'll know for sure. Our division games are tough because those teams know our tendencies better than anyone, but I think we can spin that to our advantage being that no one has seen this version of Vince Young.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Strength of schedule in the NFL is a crock. This is professional football, every team has a chance to win every Sunday.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. cajuntitan

cajuntitan 26.2ers can do it for hrs

Except for the Lions, of course! Even when they win they lose.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. DaytonLawVol

DaytonLawVol Camp Fodder

the next few look tough to me. Steelers, then Giants, Broncos and Cowboys. Going 3-1 through that stretch would be a great start to the season.

9. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

I agree with this i see us going 2 and 2.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Puck FittsburgH

Easy WIN for the Titans. Bunch of freaking sissies. They all dance backwards and drop the soap. They open wide and say aaaah! They watch the Flintstones because of the promise of a "gay old time". Steelers demand delivery in the rear, so they can continue too be gay AND continue to whine to the referee at the same time.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar