How good will Blake Griffin be?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by GeronimoJackson, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Right now, especially after the CP3 trade, I'm already crowning him the best player at his position. He has the tools of the perfect PF - He's built like Karl Malone, has Shawn Kemp athleticism, Chris Webber playmaking and handles, and his post game and footwork is really starting to polish, even showing some Kevin McHale at times. If he starts hitting that 15 foot jumper consistently, like Amare Stoudemire started to later in his career, I think he could be the best player in the game over LeBron, Durant, Howard etc...Though Durant is just 15 pounds away from being the best himself, right now.

Griffin seems like a guy that will always work to improve something in his game, so I think he has potential to go down as a top 5 PF of all time.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I think Shawn Kemp is a good gage of where he'll be.

And will probably end up injured the same and fade as fast if so.

I think he's mostly just an extremely athletic guy- not much of a basketball player.

Best in the league? I don't think he'll ever come close. Maybe a top 10 player in the league consistently for years to come.

He's Lebron at PF basically- a great dunker, but that's it.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I agree with that ^

I understand the hype around him but if you actually watch him play instead of just seeing his dunks he's not even close to being the best at his position.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. GeronimoJackson

^ Actually I didn't jump on the wagon until I started to watch him play. The thing is I don't think DW has actually seen him play.

5. Deuce Wayne

I've seen him play plenty to know he's got little post game, his jumper is terrible, and he's 1 dimensional.

Can he fix all that? Maybe- but he's been trying since he was in college and it hasn't gotten any better yet.

6. GeronimoJackson

Little post game? 1 dimensional? I guess you've only seen him play in his first 10 games. Like how you didn't even mention his C-Webb like playmaking/handle skills lol. What is 1 dimensional is your analysis on anyone that can jump is Shawn Kemp.

Can he fix all that? Of course he can, he's played one season, dude lol.

Not to mention he's got a motor like the Terminator, gotta' love that as a coach.

7. GeronimoJackson

Not even close? Name all the pf's you'd take over Griffin.

8. Deuce Wayne

His effort/motor + athleticism is what makes him. He's a competitor.

He's like the athletic version of Tyler Hansbrough.

But he still can't do much of anything outside of dunk.

And again- his game hasn't evolved much in the past 3 years. Not just 1 season.

9. GeronimoJackson

Yes, it was only preseason, and yes, it was against soft azz Gasol/Troy Murphy, but you can't look at this and say all he can do is dunk.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4CbHCMq1uA"][12.21.11] Blake Griffin - 30 Points Vs Lakers (Complete Highlights) - YouTube[/ame]

10. Deuce Wayne

Well I should have said he can also make layups.

lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar