How fast can you run a mile?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jessestylex, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansOwnAll

TitansOwnAll Camp Fodder

Jesse, I think you're doing fine, honestly. You probably run a mile faster than you think.

Treadmills are not completely accurate.

Say you set the speed to 6mph. You would assume that would equal a mile in 10 minutes... not the case. It would be more like 8-9 minutes. I would say take off 1.5 mins of whatever you run for a more accurate reading. You're never going to run exactly 6mph. As long as you're towards the head of the treadmill, you're going faster than whatever speed you've set it on.

2. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Keep working on it Jesse. I've lost 30+ lbs. since February. Mainly by cutting out Coke's, limiting snacking, lifting weights, spinning classes, elliptical machines, and the occasional treadmill. I couldn't tell you how long it takes me to run a mile. Anything over 200m makes me go insane. But, set a goal for yourself and it makes it much easier.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I can't wear Mizuno just because there's no cushion in the fore-foot. I'm a lightweight, so I need all the cush possible or it feels like I'm running barefoot on concrete.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Yeah im not really sure my treadmill is right, it's one of the cheaper ones with just a speed that goes to like 5.2 mph and a digital calorie, distance and time counter.

It's been on a slight incline since i've had it, maybe i could get better time if it was flat? I'm trying not to look at it as losing weight, i figured if i can just focus on a 6-8 minute mile that the weight would take care of it's self. I do better trying to reach a timed goal than to focus on the weight scale.

Ive been running 1 mile per night for the last 2 weeks. 14 miles total. i'm looking to run about 28 miles per month.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What's this mile stuff?

6. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

I can run a mile in about 9 minutes wearing moon shoes and if I wear my Chris Johnson jersey while I do it I can do it in about 5 minutes

7. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

1.6 km

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:wink2:

ahh the real unit of measurement.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

We're apparently too cool for what the rest of the world uses. Not surprising.

and your toilet flushes the wrong direction, too.

10. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

are they like this one???

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZYWCIaeA6y8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZYWCIaeA6y8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar