How does this New Receiving Corps Stack Up?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, May 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Well to say there have been changes in Titantown is an understatement. Sorry Justin Hunter, if you think your going to get any playing time and a chance at a second NFL contract you better step the h### up. No joke. With some serious additions to the wide receiving corps this off season the Titans are deeper at the position than they have been in years. Going 5 wide with DGB, Kendall Wright, Harry Douglas, Hakeem Nicks and Justin Hunter actually (at least on paper) looks quite formidable indeed. How do you think this new group stacks up against some of the better fivesomes in the league and how does it stack up historically with past Titans groups?

I'm hoping this all pays off and we have a top tier elite passing attack for years to come... I'm sure you do too.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Not the best, or even close.

You must have forgotten that we used to have a future HoFer and arguably the GOAT a few years ago. Now THOSE were the days.

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 3
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Well we did get better since last season but still not in the clear. I'd day the WR group has as much to prove as any group in TN

4. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Are you talking about the Mason, Bennet, Dyson years? Mase was great but not sure if that was an incredible group as a whole. Definitely not scary.

• WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  5. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

There is a long time before the season starts, will DGB be wearing a Titan uniform or a prison uniform?

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

what's the difference? Last few years have been hell

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Potential to be really good, will probably be really ****.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

If the WRs play up to their potential then it could be a fantastic WR group. Potential is the key word. As of right now from a proven stat standpoint we have one of the worst WR groups in the league.

I was disappointed in the lack of progression of Hunter and Wright last year. Hopefully we actually see improvement this year.

9. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I'm just glad to see something new. Anything new. I think there is reason to be optimistic that this group will be better than last year. I'm guessing, though, that it's going to be pretty ugly at the beginning of the year. I hope they catch their groove fast, but a new QB and a bunch of new receivers... well, I don't expect them to impress in week one.

But yeah, once they all get comfortable together, I can see some exciting passing days ahead.

10. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

Still think we should target another receiver in this draft or a pass-catching TE

WR: Justin Hardy, Stefon Diggs
    TE: Nick O'Leary, Blake Bell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar