How do you think the Cowboys feel about the Cardinals?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Dec 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

in spite of this situation I am in favor of keeping divisions and the way things are in tact. If they were to change the format and not make a division winner an automatic playoff team then divisions should be scrapped and division foes shouldn't play twice year. Conference standings should rule. Problem is there is not a fair way of doing this. Every team in the conference could play every other team inside the year. Plus non conference games... not enough games. I like division rematches anyways.

I think the overall record wrinkle can ruin football.

Vote no on change!!!!

2. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

The Cards used to be in the NFC East. Why is Dallas?

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

To keep the old major rivalries together. Washington-Dallas, Dallas-Philly, etc.

4. Alex1939

I actually think this would be kind of cool. And it wouldn't be too bad if they add a regular season game. 15 conference games, 2 non-conference every season.

Still, I prefer the divisional format better, including home games for division winners. It makes for better rivalries and season format. If you play teams multiple times a season, you should get a reward against those foes.

Right now, the foreign game scheduling is what bothers me the most in the NFL. The Saints got screwed. I'm gonna be pissed if the Titans play a "London" game and they take away a Nashville home game.

I think if they do away with 2 pre-season games, add 1 regular season game, and make that game an international game for every team. 16 games that count in foreign cities. That would add broad NFL exposure to the world.

5. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

That's one good thing about being a boring team under the media's radar. No way we get a game on foreign soil. That's reserved for the 'exciting' teams.

As for the scheduling, it would devastate the NFL if they changed the current format. Regardless of format, there will be arguments - you can never please anyone. And, if we wanted to be the 'most fair' way, it would essentially remove ALL RIVALRIES. Over 10 years or so, fans would completely lose interest in the NFL if this happened.

The AFC East loser of the division can not be mad...although a team may have an 11-5 record and not be in the playoffs, they attained that record by beating up on both WEST divisions all year long.

The key to the divisional winner is that every team within that division has the exact same schedule (besides the similar previous season record matchups which keep parody throughout the entire league).

6. Alex1939

If we win the superbowl...

Not really. They could change the format and scheduling in a fair way.

Yep and I'm a huge fan of the format now.

But, in theory, the NFL could do away with the divisional formatting and have a fair schedule. Play 15 conference games, 1 non-conference game a year. Your non-conference game is parody, #1AFC vs. #1NFC, #2 vs. #2, throughout.

I agree it ruins rivalries though. But that would sort of be the idea of the format change, to have a totally balanced schedule. Personally, I like the current system better. But the above system certainly wouldn't cause people to lose interest in the NFL. Not at a noticeable level at any rate.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

That is a really damn good point!

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

It would ruin rivalries yes but as it stands now any given team plays a team from the other conference once every four years in non-conference games. That's long enough. I think 16 years is too long of an interval.

Why even have conferences then? If we were to do that we might as well reverse the merger and re-invent the AFL.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

;)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PFBqXT-82c8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PFBqXT-82c8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

If a wild card team had played and beaten a division winner with the lessor record i can justify them being seeded higher. That is a significant just reason to do that.

The importance of division is that if you win it you are in the post season and that should never change. I don't believe that alone should guarantee a higher seed than a team that won 3 games more.

If a wildcard has the better record and had beaten the division champ they should be seeded higher!

The colts with an 11-5:grrhee: record and a victory over the 8-8 chargers this year should under no logical justification be seeded lower.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar