How do you rank Vince against the rest of the league QB's?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Nov 11, 2009.

?
  1. Top 10

6 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. Top half

30 vote(s)
    35.7%
  3. Lower half

33 vote(s)
    39.3%
  4. Bottom 10

15 vote(s)
    17.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Here's a reference:

Brady
    Henne
    Sanchez
    Edwards
    Rothlessburger
    Palmer
    Flacco
    Anderson
    Manning
    Schaub
    Garrard
    Orton
    Rivers
    Russell
    Cassel
    Manning
    Campell
    McNabb
    Romo
    Cutler
    Favre
    Stafford
    Rodgers
    Ryan
    Delhomme
    Brees
    Freeman
    Warner
    Bulger
    Smith
    Hasslebeck

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Bottom 10

3. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Potential to possibly be a #8-10 QB...right now hes playing like a 20-25 (much improvement since 07)

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

I listed lower half because right now he looks to be better than the bottom 10 guys. He's currently not close to the top 5 guys and certainly there are QB's who either have a longer track record or are currently playing better than he is.

His current 83.1 QB rating this season would make him 20th against regular starters...lower half. However, if you adjust his QB rating for his rushing yards plus TD's and fumbles, his QB rating would make him 11th (93 rating). Now he's certainly not a top 5 QB by any stretch now, but if he keeps this up, he will be a VERY effective and efficient QB. What he needs to do is become more efficient in converting 3rd downs - whether it be by land (legs) or by air (passing).

Not surprisingly, he's starting to look more and more like McNair. Of course it's been 2 games and we have a lot more to play so we'll have a better answer when the season's over.

Right now people will say he's awesome and his first off game people will be screaming for his head. He's still in his 3rd year of starting so he still has some kinks to work out which hopefully is WHAT this season is for the rest of the way. But I think everyone has seen how much he's improved so far and the usual knocks against him have been discarded.

The ONLY questions are, can he keep this up? How much better can he get? How much is he worth?

Gut

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Still too early to tell IMO but if I had to judge him as of right now I'd rank him somewhere around the late teens-mid twenties.

I like him better than these guys for sure:
    Russell, Campbell, Delhomme, Freeman, Bulger, Smith, Anderson/Quinn, Garrard, Edwards

I'd say these guys are clearly better than him:
    Brady, Roethlisberger, Palmer, Flacco, the Mannings, Rivers, McNabb, Romo, Cutler, Favre, Rodgers, Ryan, Brees, Warner, Schaub

6. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I would put him right around 20 going off of that list.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

That includes his garbage time abysmal QB ratings as well right? Because he's had pretty darn good ratings in his two games as a starter.

8. pettso

pettso Starter

Hmm, really?

By that list I have him at around the 15-16 spot. Here's my lists of who I'd rather have on my team than VY:

Better: 15
    Brady
    Rothlessburger
    Palmer
    Manning
    Schaub
    Rivers
    Manning
    McNabb
    Romo
    Favre
    Rodgers
    Ryan
    Brees
    Warner
    Hasslebeck

Worse:16
    Bulger
    Smith
    Freeman
    Delhomme
    Stafford
    Campell
    Russell
    Cassel
    Garrard
    Orton
    Henne
    Sanchez
    Edwards
    Flacco
    Anderson
    Cutler

Honestly at this point I'd probably take him over Warner, Favre and Hasselbeck as well since Warner/Favre are probably done after this year or next year and Hasselbeck can't seem to stay healthy.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You guys are nuts. Vince is the best QB under the sun right now. Manning can take a back seat to my hero LOL. No really though, I'd say Vince ranks somewhere in the middle, and will go up week by week.

10. fatmofinder

fatmofinder Camp Fodder

About midway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar