How do you justify being a Titans fan?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Mizzo, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amy

amy Starter

Yeah, I found out from reading the Memphis and Knoxville papers that the team is persona non grata in all but the midstate area. I found that rather strange, because one would think that people in the state would root for the state team. ??????

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Not that I agree with it, but I can at least understand hardcore vol fans pulling for Peyton. He really gives a lot to the university. I think if it was any other player they would've aligned with Titans.

Why try and improve what was once perfection....

Nashville Knights.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

There are two kinds of Titans fans..
    Ones with loaded guns - and ones that dig.

You dig.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I thought the Kats had a nice logo and stuff. Too bad BA killed it in the crib

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

CAN YOU DIG IT?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nSN2kAo-y40?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nSN2kAo-y40?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

7. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns Oilers/Texans

RollTide, you so get it. I live in Austin and have also lived in Houston. I grew up a HUGE Oilers fan. Why, because I am a Texan and the Oilers to me always represented my state and my home. I always hated the Cowboys for a long list of reasons. I lived in NY for a number of years and when I wore my Oilers gear I would always get asked if I were from Texas. If I were a Cowboys fan up there most people would think I was just the typical douchebag not rooting for the local teams.

When the Oilers left it ripped my heart out. I felt seriously betrayed. I now had a team that I hated more than Dallas. After all the choking and heartache they put me through for years I darn sure didn't want them winning a SB for another fan base.

To me it's mind boggling how someone from Texas could stay loyal to a team that was not loyal to us. It's kinda like your wife leaving you for another man and you sending them money every month.

Earl Campbell said it best, that the team he played for no longer exists. He doesn't even recognize the Titans, he is actually a Texans fan now. Sure it's still the same dysfunctional organization with the same a**hole owner, and they are still abusing their fanbase on and off the field. However they are no longer the Houston Oilers. Most fans in Tennessee don't even want to recognize that they had history before moving to Tennessee.

While the Texans have been disappointing so far mainly due to an owner that is too much of a nice guy. I think eventually he will learn the ropes of owning a NFL team. Also the dude did a ton of things to bring a team back to Houston without resorting to bribing and stealing an existing team from another fan base. So I don't get why the original poster would stay loyal to Bud Adams especially now that there is another team here now.

Of course he did say he was just rooting for a color, even though they are not even the same colors. So basically if Bud wouldn't have screwed Houston by forcing the NFL to retire the Oilers name and colors, the Texans would have been the Houston Oilers (just like the deal Cleveland got) because that is what Bob McNair originally wanted. So if that would have happened this guy would still be a Houston fan because of a color.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

VY is a crybaby wuss who sometimes feels like a nut & sometimes he feels like an insane diva

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

The issues that were allowed to fester between Bud and Houston were down to the mayor at the time Bob Lanier.

Bud Adams was a Jerry Jones type owner who repeatedly mess up the team and interfered with the coaches. The way he treated Bum Phillips was disgusting.

Bud was an idiot and so was Lanier.

However if the team that left Houston was a winning team with players like Campbell and Moon at the top of their game I think more fans would have still rooted for the team when they left.

As it was Bud purposely ran the team down with the intention of leaving. He did everything he could to alienate the Houstonian fans of the team.

10. MAAANDUDE#31

MAAANDUDE#31 Rookie

I am a fan of the Titans, because some of my earliest memories are waking up and watching the Oilers play. I was born in Houston, and have been a fan since the time of my existence in 1984. I moved 20 minutes from Nashville in 1995, and four years later they followed. I sadly now live in Jacksonville, as of one year ago, and am more of a fan than ever. I have had several people ask me why I was not now a Jags fan, and I could not really come up with an answer. To me that is not even an option, and seemed ridiculous to ask. Why would I abandon my team because I moved. TO me that is all the more reason to support you team, especially if you live in a football city. I loved going to Everbank field this year and watching the Titans basically shut the Jags out at their house, beer in each hand, my lady. and my Finny jersey. You are not a true fan if you jump teams just be cause you move in my opinion. I do not think you get the full experience of being a fan in that situation.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar