How do you guys view the Super Bowl?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Some of the commercials are funny,avoid the halftime show like the plague.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

The Beatles and Elvis Pressley combined couldn't have saved Madonna's halftime show from sucking.

3. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I thought it was a good halftime show. The best?? Not even close. However, it was entertaining. Definitely could have been a lot worse.

And Madonna is one of the top selling artist in history. A quick google search showed only the Beatles, Elvis, and M Jackson as groups who have sold more.

Im sure more people enjoyed it than people who didnt.

As for the stars and stuff like that. Its the most popular sporting even in America. I dont mind them making it into a big deal and dressing it up.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The girlfriend and I created our own halftime show.

:)

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

[​IMG]

...and yet another year of everyone whining about the halftime show. It doesn't matter who it is, it's always gonna suck. PS/AV guys got 12 minutes to set up a stage to knock your socks off and get everyone choreographed and sounding good for broadcast television, and you're all gonna hate it every time. The acts are too new, then too old, then too British, then too lipsynced, then too black, then too country, then too...whatever. Go take a whizz, commit your SuperFlush, get some more Doritos, talk about the first half, pet your dog, whatever...just find something to do while the halftime show is presenting something that you know you're gonna hate.

6. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

It has nothing to do with the rich and famous. It has everything to do with regular house wives and kids who have don't like football but happen to watch the Superbowl because of it's popularity and parties. It also has a lot do do with the average Joe from places like Mexico, Scotland, Russia anywhere outside of the U.S. really. The NFL is all about money, the more they can appeal to people outside of the country the better in their eyes.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I don't care much for the half time shows, I'm usually away from a TV at that point anyways, but I did catch most of Madonna and thought it was one of the better half time shows in recent years.

As for the commercials, I feel like they progressively get worse and worse as the years pass. The only one I enjoyed was the M&M's one where they show the chocolate girl and the red M getting naked.

As for the game, LOVE the Super Bowl, how could you not? It's the biggest football game in the world.

Worst part of it all; coming to work Monday morning during the NBA's regular season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar