How Do You Explain It?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Aqutis30, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stump1000

stump1000 NFL Insider

You could be right about VY, but neither of us know him well enough to make that judgement. There's only so much a person (any person) can take before they come apart. You don't know how much he's had to put up with as far as Fisher is concerned. Fisher had already benched him once this season. He was just over it this time, I don't blame him. I guess I'm a lot like he is. If someone f*cks with me enough, I'll explode on them.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I don't think you have to know him personally at all to come to that conclusion. Over the years he's showed me everything I need to know on Sundays. I can't think of a starting QB outside of a guy like JaMarcus Russell who I believe isn't even in the league anymore that has issues comparable to VY's.

You want to talk about VY getting benched once? You mean at home against Pittsburgh? He was intercepted twice and fumbled another away. I clearly remember him throwing a pick in the EZ. Plus, who knows how he may of reacted after Harrison slammed him to the ground. If you will recall, it was the series following that one Collins came into the game. I was at the game and if you were watching it on TV you may not be aware but when Collins came in the game the crowd by in large erupted in enthusiastic applause.

VY didn't need to be in that game and as I understand it he was late to or skipped meetings and did not demonstrate preparedness for the outing. That's on Fisher for playing him in that case but it's worth mentioning because it appears to me that Fisher gave VY the benefit of the doubt and a chance to prove that he could handle the start in spite of deficiency in preparation. Was VY "benched" or could it be he had the deer in the headlights look and just quit? Now, I realize that Mariani didn't help with his turnover and that Collins had a interception and a lost fumble of his own but this isn't a KFC vs. VY discussion to me as this is about why VY is not the answer for the Tennessee Titans.

I freely concede that I have no earthly idea who is put I am very excited at the prospect of drafting a qb.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Yeah, Fisher's going to be scouting for a QB who can block.

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Bud's interferance

5. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

Fixed. :ha:

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If if the interviewer said anything resembling "if you was in Jeff Fisher's shoes" I'd pull the lavalier mic off of my jacket and and say "who let Kige Ramsey in the building?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar