How Do You Explain It?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Aqutis30, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amstrf89

amstrf89 Starter

I think it's pretty obvious we were trying to get all of our losses out of the way before the post-season started. :icon_spin

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

"This is the best team I've ever had"

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Agreed. That was really s#!tty of Fisher to tear VY's tendon.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He in a way did cause that injury. It was he who chose to allow Amano's dumb @$$ to move to center.

5. TitanT

TitanT Pro Bowler

Talk to my right ear.

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Fisher has lost 16 games in 1 3/4 seasons.

thats the same as going 0-16 in a matter of 2 years.

7. amy

amy Starter

He 'splained it today. From the Tennessean:

"The Titans have lost six straight games and are all but assured of missing the playoffs for the fifth time in seven seasons, prompting more questions about Coach Jeff Fisher’s job security than ever before.

Fisher said he’s not paying attention.

“It has never been a concern of mine,’’ Fisher said Friday. “I don’t come to work being concerned about that. I come to work to put a day’s work in and try and get a team ready to win games. It is not a concern and will not be a concern.’’

The Titans started 5-2 but are now 5-8 after Thursday’s 30-28 loss to the Colts.
    Fisher, who has a career record of 141-118, said he’d like to be back in 2011, the final year of his contract with the team.

“I am under contract and as I have said numerous times, I hope to finish my career here,’’ Fisher said.

Titans owner Bud Adams will decide that, of course.

“He clearly understands what happened to the season, particularly the instability at the quarterback position, injuries up from on the defensive line,’’ Fisher said. “He doesn’t like it; we don’t like it. He’s not happy with it, nor are we. But we move on. You get yourself to play and try and win the next game.’’

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Was Amano the one that told him to attempt to pick up that bad exchange rather than simply fall on it during the Jaguars game on Monday Night Football? Pee-wee kids know better than that. You don't squat and try to pick up a bad snap like that. Just fall on it and live to play another down. If it's third down worst case scenario you punt. That initial injury put a great deal of this bad mojo in place and VY got himself injured by incredibly arrogant and poor judgement.

Look man, I know you LOVE VY and that's cool. When are you going to pick up on the fact that if something isn't going his way his layers get peeled back like an onion? Hell, I've met onions with thicker skin than VY. VY is awesome. He really is, that is, until something isn't going his way. Frustration is his foil. He can't handle disappointment. It clouds his mind. To me, what it boils down to is that he is more trouble than he is worth.

10. stump1000

stump1000 NFL Insider

I'd say "Fire me, I'm ready to go somewhere else anyways"

And that's probably what he's thinking. Fisher hasn't been worried about how to win in the last four seasons, he's worried mostly about how to get VY off his team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar