How do you attack the Bears defense???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think the weakest part of the Bears defense is their safety play.

Do you think it is best to spread the field and attack them with the obvious passing formation or do you come in with a running look and try to suck a safety into the box and then sneak Cook or Britt behind them.

I think we come out throwing the ball all over the place.

2. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

I hope that try to sneak Cook into the locker room and let Stevens get physical with them.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

THrow the ball to Nate, Wright, and Cook repeatedly.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Pretend you are dead until they walk away.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Both Conte/Wright can knock the crap out of you... but aren't the fastest guys. They struggle mightly with near sideline throws. I've seen alot of Cover-2, with Deep Zones over the top, and CBs play in the flats. Play-action, out of natural reaction Conte/Wright want to scoot up for the big hit... once they realize it's a pass they don't have the greatest recovery speed. Get Cook behind the CBs, and cutting towards the sideline. You'll need a WR to do a short route to keep the CB honest so Cook can get behind them. Cook vs. Conte/Wright... I like that matchup.

Also, don't run up the middle.. outside runs kill the bears. But you have to jam Peppers/Melton and get to the outside. Urlacher has knee issues/old and can't get outside like he once can. Quinn has to pickup Briggs though. This run defense is amazing though.. good luck.

Finally, don't throw risky balls. You HAVE to play if safe (something Hass is great at). If you take the risky throws, this team WILL pick you off.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

If we win this game, which I think is surprisingly possible, I'm more worried about how our defense attacks their offense than vice versa. We can't let this turn into a shootout. I don't see us winning that way. Our D needs to get after Cutler early and get him on tilt. Then let the turnovers ensue.

7. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Watch us run CJ up the middle in I formation 5 times in the first quarter.:crazy:

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

You attack them by not playing predictable. You throw in some trick plays here and there and you make a big play on special teams (just like we have in all our wins this year)!

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I agree that safety is definitely their weakness. They are so solid everywhere else, it just isn't fair.

Tillman and Jennings are playing like the best CB duo in the league right now... and they obviously have an elite LB corps and Peppers makes that line amazing.

Could be rough... our defense will have to step up big time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar