How do we match up against the Texans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Sep 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

2. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

it's going to be a tough game for our defense but I think we will be able to run the ball which will open our passing game for locker, wright, and britt as well as washington. I think we need to open the game like we did last week, passing! D line need to get to schaub, I don't think he is elite at all but he can beat ya, gotta get sacks like this week. We played good d last week and I have faith in our d to keep it close and then our O needs to capitalize and get the Win!

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Well lucky for us JJ Watt looked very average last night

4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

In my honest opinion I don't know if we win this game.

We share some similarities in our style of play as both teams want to line up and run the ball and build a passing game using role outs and play action. On defense both teams a have a strong front seven and an average secondary that looks great because of it. That being said I think the Texans can do both things better then us at the moment or it at least needs to be assumed based on how both teams preformed in the last two years. The biggest difference is Locker vs Schaub and even though he isn't an elite guy I think that gives Schaub them a big enough edge to beat us, especially if Locker and only play as well as he did against Pittsburgh.

IMO our keys to victory are running the ball, stopping the run, and not allowing Schaub time to scramble out to the right. We need to chase him down with our fast linebackers and get him on the ground.

I think we lose this games but it will be an ugly, low scoring affair.

5. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

The Texans should be 0-1 gerd dernit.

6. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

its going to be an emotional game, hope we win and beat them bad! just trying to be positive right now!

7. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Gonna be tough. The Texans know the aren't facing last years Titans. They will take the Titans very seriously. The Texans are an excellent football team. That said, I concede nothing to them or any other team. Gonna have to show and prove on Sunday. Go Titans!!!!!!

8. RTH

RTH Meh...

If the D maintains... I believe the Titans can run and pound their D all day.

I don't even see this as being a game that needs to be put in Locker's hands, at all. Our run game versus their D? I do like that.

9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Yeah I think the Texans have been working on becoming a great pass defense with the NFL being a "passing league" as people say. Yes, Rivers had 4 TD passes last night, but only 195 yards and was only 14/29 passing. I agree that we can run on them. We ran on them pretty decent with a horrendous O-Line last year! Cushing is back, and frankly, that doesn't scare me one bit. It's very possible that much like last Sunday, we will pound the ball with Greene/Battle quite a bit this week. CJ is always a major threat to break a big run, and we should give him some opportunities to do that, but it may be week 3 before we really focus on getting CJ loose due to matchups. Personally, I would probably pound them with the big guys early on. Then, if we succeed in pounding them, make CJ more of a focal point later in the game when their defenders are a bit worn down.

10. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

Oh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar