How do I know The Super Bowl is gay?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Dec 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

The band Coldplay is twenty years old. The Offspring are almost 30 years old.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Who even really cares? The halftime show pretty much always sucks regardless of who they get. Coldplay has some good songs and they have a pretty mainstream sound, which I'm sure is a large part of the equation. They certainly could've done worse IMO.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Went to the Brian Setzer Orchestra at The Ryman last night (Christmas show).
    Just flat out epic.
    If there ever was a current "Rock" show that would nail SB halftime without having to do much extra stuff it would be BSO..

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Mac Sabbath would be good too..

5. XO

XO Nevada Native

You just named 2/3 **** bands.

I mean, Black Keys are good and would kill it but my dad would be like "who?"

6. XO

XO Nevada Native

I don't care what y'all say, Coldplay's "Trouble" and "Fix You" are some of the best songs of the last 20 years.

and do you not like Clocks? Come on.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Arctic Monkeys and CtE rock, go back to listening to Mumford and Sons you birkenstock wearing soccer dad.

• WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  8. XO

XO Nevada Native

Mumford
    Avett
    Amos Lee
    Ryan Adams
    Ryan Bingham
    Assorted hip hop
    Kings of Leon

Holy **** Kings of Leon would be awesome for the halftime show.

I don't wear Birkenstocks.

Only Sperry, Clark's, Polo, Cole Haan

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Clocks and Yellow is the primary reason I hate that band....especially Clocks. For the longest time I thought their drummer only knew that one beat.
    DAdada DAdada DAda x infinity....

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The first album is rife with some tasty guitar. The first time I noticed them was when MTV was running their old live performance shows and they showed an early Coldplay. It was a pretty guitar aggressive show and the guy was banging some old Jaguar and I recall thinking it was someone I should check out more of.
    Unfortunately they became a pop machine and abandoned the rougher approach.
    Every live performance of them I've seen since was significantly watered down.
    Wish I could find that footage..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar