How could making a deal for Alex Brown???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

KVB was double-teamed because he is was the best pass rusher on the field.

As for the kinds of tackles he got, I agree to an extent. He hustles and gets involved in stuff away from his area. That's credit to him. But he also does often take himself out of an opportunity to make a tackle with his speed rush. That's just the nature of the beast and you hope a DT or LB can pick up the slack.

He didn't get much help in that department last year.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

you see Smitty? Drama man. :pop:

:slap:

3. wg53

wg53 Starter

Truth isn't nonsense.

Whether it was the scheme or the player he did what I've been saying.

The film will back that up.

Weeks 9 thru 13 especially.

4. wg53

wg53 Starter

I agree it is a credit to him that he got the tackles, but my point with that is that people will tout his high tackle number as if it backs up their point but it doesn't. It would if he was making the tackles around the LOS, but it does us no good when they are still moving the chains. 70 tackles would be a lot more impressive if the other team was having to punt instead of cramming the ball down our throats.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Agreed. But most any DE with a speed move (ex. Freeney) do that. You have to have enough support to fill the void. In our case, we lacked it.

6. Taylor,Freeney,Peppers,Burgess, all do it and you ignoring that fact is pure ignorance.You are a fan, so the players get magnified and criticzied more which is fine, its natural.Since you seem to have a film room in your basement maybe you can pull up some games from those Defensive ends and watch yourself.

7. wg53

wg53 Starter

Last time I checked none of those DEs played on the #32 overall defense either. And I'm not ignoring anything. I'm sorry that I've played football all my life on the DL and know what I'm talking about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar