How cool would this be? (trading CJ)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pacman 4 HoF, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'd be willing to trade Fisher for a pack of bubble gum at this point.

2. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

The biggest fallacy in your thinking is that we could get the #1 spot for anything less than 3 first round draft picks. The way people are talking about Luck, Carolina will not give up the top spot for anything less than 3 firsts - in other words, they won't give up the top spot.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

C.J. in the right system is a nightmare. You thought his 2009 campaign was impressive, wait til he falls into a system that utilizes his strengths. If Fisher stays, I'd be all for moving C.J.. We're not using him properly, and at this rate won't get more than 5 seasons from him. 3 are gone, so only 2 more before he says bye bye.

4. tomachek2009

tomachek2009 LEGEND

exactly i love cj and all but fisher system is built for a power back to push the pile thats what we need if he is not willing to change his system for cj

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I'd be willing to ship them 3 first rounders, if that's all it would take.

If we think he's the next Peyton, Brady, Bradford then those picks are no big deal at all to give up. Moot point until Bud pulls his thumb out of his butt and makes a decision anyway. Seriously, we are never bad enough to draft 1 overall, so these types of QB's will never be available to us unless we do something about it and attempt to move up.

6. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

The pure IDEA of trading Chris Johnson away is complete idiocy. boo

I demand at least 10 high-fives, Please begin.

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Team not an issue. :wink2:

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

^^^

CJ's trade value is still very high. He will be done in two more seasons. It's not an idiotic idea.

He does not work in our system at all. As said before, we need a power back to push the pile forward.

Here's what CJ does (yardage): -1,0,1,2,-2,2,-1,0,50
    Here's what more consistent backs can do: 4,3,4,2,5,3,7,4,3 ... always going forward and moving the chains, wearing the defense down.

CJ can't run anyone over; he can't stiff arm anyone; he's lost a step too. He's a homerun hitter, but when we play good teams he gets shut down.

9. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

The cowboys traded Herschel Walker back in the early 90s and look how that turned out. I think Chris Johnson holds us back in some regards.

10. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

CJ, while not best for our stupid run up the middle every down offense, would still work and has in our offensive with a decent offensive line. you don't have those 2 great years (first year was great with limited carries) not fitting in an offense. This was the first year that the 0,-5,2,1,20 thing was much worse than it has ever been & he was able to get much more of the 3,4,5,6 yard carries last year and in 08.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar