How can the league shorten NFL games?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Nov 18, 2016.

?
  1. Yes

38.5%
  2. No

35.9%
  3. 3.5 hours is good for me

25.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

:rolleyes:

Put ads on the jerseys, damn it.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I would not like that, but if it speeds things up a little I could deal

3. Fry

All I'm saying is soccer's regulation time is 90 minutes and those games last less than 2.5 hours. They have ads on the jerseys and use the majority of the halftime segment for advertisements. Two of the ideas I've been championing for a while. No reason the NFL couldn't do this. I wouldn't be surprised if they did and left the game times where they are to squeeze some more advertising money out of it, frankly.

The NFL doesn't want to greatly reduce the game times though. They have successfully monopolized Sunday afternoon. 1:00 games, 4:15 games, highlights at 7:30, and 8:30 game. What would they do with the dead space? They don't want to figure it out.

4. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

The NFL game is fine with me. They regularly end at or near their scheduled time.

College, on the other hand, needs to take some meth-amphetamines or something to hurry them up. Those are becoming just awful.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'd agree with u but the league keeps insisting they want shorter games

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

Hookers

7. Fry

They want to shorten the games by 5-10 minutes. Basically where the games were about five years ago.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

5-10 minutes is barely noticeable. I can handle a long GAME, I don't like waiting on long reviews/penalties. Everything else is negligible, IMO.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Agreed, the review system is pretty broken. I don't mind the coaches challenging it, but why does the ref on the field have to be the one to look at it? Why can't there just be a ref in the box who reviews it and has a bunch of angles and TV's and talks about it with the ref on the field... just like college.

It would be a whole lot quicker than the head ref having to run all the way off the field to go under the hood and then run all the way back out.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I would like to see them speed up the sequence between scoring, kicking off, returning, and then taking the field. As soon as a team scores, special teams should be heading out on the field for a kick, as soon as the returner is downed, the offense/defense should be taking the field.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar