How can people say Americans are lazy?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Starkiller, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Really? No crap? Is this another California joke?

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

lol, I did a quick search and this kind of illustrates the "outdoor escalator"

[​IMG]

You can see the street light at the top. The entire escalator is exposed to the open air though. If I am correct that is the station where the cable cars run ends. Popular station.

Other example is the Oakland Stadium (forget what they are calling it right now). The path that goes from BART to the stadium has two decent sized escalators that are not covered at all.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The american weight problem really isn't as much about working out as it is about how sedentary our daily lives are becoming combined with our diet. If people just walked more during the day and didn't eat so much crap, they would be a lot more healthy. When I studied abroad, I walked at least twice as much as I do now because I lived in the city, and it was wonderful. I was abroad for 5 months without working out and didn't gain any weight, and that was a dropoff from 5-6 workouts per week.

4. I'd say it's primarily 2 things: exercise (or lack thereof) and portion sizes...

I certainly don't get enough exercise, but at least I don't eat too much so my weight has been pretty stable for the last few years.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We'd you study?

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Budapest, Hungary. Heck of a town. It was also great because I got to travel a lot while I was there. I hit ten diffrent countries in the 5 months I was there.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

How did you find it over there with language differences (I assume you don't know Hungarian?)

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Everyone knows hungarian.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar