How 'Bout Them Buckeyes?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by BigRed3, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Credit Vandy for scheduling Wake, the ACC Champion last year. Better than anyone sweater-vest has dared to play.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

that game was probably scheduled five years ago when wake sucked.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Last I heard, they schedule these games 4-5 years prior with options. With teams like Texas, Oregon, Washington, Wake central to the discussion, could you project which teams will be on a high or a low 5 years from now?

The point is anyway, that you're convinced OS has no chance against a top bowl opponent. And that's based on what? A 23-2 record over two seasons or the performance of the other Big Ten teams? A weak out-of-conference sched doesn't tell you a whole lot if you win all the games.

4. Hoffa

I would have gone out on a limb 5 yrs ago and predicted Akron, Youngstown, Kent st., N Illinois, Bowling Green, Washington, and Cincinnati would be nothing but on a low...are you kidding me? You want to pretend Ohio State didn't know if those teams would be a pushover? If you want to argue Ohio State hasn't padded their schedule with lesser teams then I can't seriously discuss college football with you. :rolleyes:

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

After last years complete dismantling by Florida I would think OS fans had learned their lesson about runing their pie holes. That loss should take years to live down IMO. My guess is Florida could do the same thing this year.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Washington and the Bearcats? absolutely not. You, my friend started in about the padded schedule. I said let them play the games. You can pointlessly go on about the schedule, but it still has ZERO bearing on what will happen in the bowl games.
    And for Soxcat - see Texas 05 & 06...

7. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Oh how wonderful another bash the Buckeyes thread.

8. Hoffa

Not what? I don't follow.

Only after you, friend, started in about what a great record Ohio State has had the past 2 years. With that schedule, who wouldn't? :ha:

Which goes back to my original point, what happened in the bowl game last year with Ohio State is what happens when you have a Big 10 team with a padded schedule playing the SEC Champion. Sorry, the Big 10 doesn't measure anywhere up to the SEC, everyone in the media and the most unbiased experts are all saying that, too bad you can't see that with those blinders on.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I simply don't believe you can realistically predict whether Cincinnati or Washington will be winning or not 5 years from now.

Keep saying it.. 23-2, 23-2. Jealous aren't you?
    Did you forget Texas was #2 when OSU destroyed them last year?

The irony being that these same reactionary media experts are the same ones who argued feverishly prior to last years NCG that Ohio State should play Michigan and not Florida. SEC eh? I should have guessed that was where this was going. Play the damn games..

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

no end in sight for this debate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar