How 'Bout Them Buckeyes?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by BigRed3, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

WHy does USC deserve it over LSU? They are ranked below LSU. LSU beat a higher ranked team today. ANd they are both conference champs. I agree, I think you should win your conference to get in to the championship game. But I cant fathom at all how you can possibly argue VT over LSU. USC you can argue, but I cant see how in the world they will jump LSU when LSU beat a higher ranked team today, and was ranked higher going into the day.

And Im not arguing Georgia. Im just pointing out that Nebraska has been in the title game without winning their conference, so it isnt mandatory to win your conference.

2. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

LSU beat a higher ranked team today?!?! say whaaaaat?! LSU was #7 & UT was #14.

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

They beat a higher ranked team than USC or VT. USC beat a team that was beaten by Utah and Notre dame. Since LSU was ranked higher, and beat a higher ranked team, how could you justify USC jumping them?

4. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I think we're leaving Oklahoma out of this too. I mean, they DID just beat the number one team in the country to win their conference championship. I don't know if it was enough to get them back into the title picture, but we shall see tomorrow. And, by the way, Boston College was ranked 3 spots ahead of Tennessee in the polls. So, LSU didn't beat a higher ranked team than VT.

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I dont disagree, Oklahoma has a case. But they were a favorite over the top ranked team, so I dont think most are impressed by this win. But, 2 losses, conference champ, so they still have an argument.

I was talking about LSU beating a higher ranked team than USC. They beat VT by 40, so thats all I need to think LSU deserves it over them.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

playoff anyone?

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Definately all for that.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

:yes:

I hope all the controversy leads to it. Otherwise, they need to toss the term "National Champion" out the window.

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

This season has been so crazy that no one can say for sure who the best team in the country is. There's a lot of balance out there now. After the National Championship game, nobodies still going to know without a doubt who the best team is this year. Only a playoff system could give you the answer. We don't have it, and I'm tired of all the talk about it.
    The games were great entertainment, and I'm going to enjoy them for what they are...

10. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar