How bad is Sankey?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Apr 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I've heard rumors lately that if the Titans trade back for multiple 1st rounders that maybe we would pull the trigger on Gurley or Gordon with a high pick but that seems to be a tough pill to swallow just a year after spending a 2nd on Sankey. I was unable to watch any games last season (out of the country) but I know our O-line was decimated by injuries and Sankey wasn't very productive. Was he really that bad or do you think it was the patchwork O-line that could be blamed?

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Pretty bad

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Sankey can be great if he's got room to work. First half the year he was good, by the second half we sustained just too many injuries for a guy like him to succeed.

I'm fully behind Sankey, good player.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

KW made sure you only saw a little Sankey

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm not convinced he'll ever be "great". I'm sure he can be plenty serviceable with good blocking though.

I really doubt he's our starter in 2016.

6. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Our OL sucked. Sankey was covered up quickly when he got the ball. He will have a good future here if we can create at minimum "middle of the pack" OL and a passing game worth a flip. Mett will do better this year in that area, Again, OL needed for that as well.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

OL sucked big time for sure. However Sankey showed very little to make me believe he is special in anyway. I think he's probably gonna be one of those guys who is only as good as his OL. And those guys are a dime a dozen.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

completely average

Jevon Ringer 2.0

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Noooooo not that bad.

If he's anything short of what I think he is its a Donald Brown 2.0

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yep

I said before Ringer +

but Donald Brown about nails it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar