How about this WR?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TITANZFN09, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

i wanna see some proof on this...

2. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Character issues aside, Jerry Porter isn't a number one receiver nor has he ever been. No thanks.

3. TITANZFN09

TITANZFN09 Starter

You are probably right about not being able to get both turner and porter..but i am with you ,if we could......... the whole draft could be dedicated to the defense.

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

i think we could get both, if we had bennett, henry, and pacman all on the same team at once, why couldnt we have Turner, and porter?

5. TITANZFN09

TITANZFN09 Starter

Teams around the league have confirmed that Oakland is shopping its two high-profile receivers -- Randy Moss and Jerry Porter -- seeing what it can get in return. Problem is, it's a buyer's market. ... It would surprise nobody if neither receiver returns to Oakland this season, whether each is traded or even released. Should the Raiders release Moss, they would get the greatest return he could bring: Oakland would free up his $9.75 million base salary and save $7.75 million against its salary cap this season and another $9.25 million next season, space that could and would be used on other players. Porter's contract voids after this season, so teams would be leery about trading for him. If Oakland cut him now, the Raiders would lose $4 million in salary-cap space this season, so it looks like, for now, Porter is back in Oakland

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Man, somehow I got Jerry and Joey mixed up. I was even imagining Jerry when using Joey's instances.

7. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

first off, i doubt Randy Moss will leave oakland because the raiders are going to want what they gave up for him, and teams around the league arent willing to give up that much for a guy that has been questionable over the last 2 years, porter, has contreversal baggage or character problems which might be another reason the raiders will have problems trading him. If we were gonna go for one of them, considering they both seem to have some sort of character issues, i think randy moss would be the better of the two, he is a vet, will provide leadership on the field. vince would finally have a go to guy.

8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Randy Moss is a BUM
    Joey Porter is overrated

So, I want neither

9. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

i dont really want either but if we were going to go for one, which i said before, we arent. Moss would be the better option.

10. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

oh yeah, randy is a bum and gage/jones/roby are all studs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar