How about this trade propsal regarding McNair

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bayou Titan, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. How about Mcnair for Donnie Edwards, anyone?, the idea is on another thread

2. maximus

maximus Starter

Just say no. Donnie is worse than Ray Ray

3. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

:ha: I love it!

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I'd be all for Ray Lewis. It's a deal. I don't like the way he semi blamed the other players on his current team last night for not protecting him, because ultimately, maybe he should be taking bumps for them, but I'd take him. Bulluck and Lewis would be potential ferocity.

5. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Ray Lewis would be perfect for the lockerrom. He brings instant leadership, credibility, and respect. If anyone can get Pacman to straighten up, its him, Ray knows how it is. And Ray is the first person to tell you that you can come out of it.

6. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

....and a really big knife......:))

7. jdobb122Y

jdobb122Y Guest

The Ravens would never trade for McNair. It would be very lopsided. I love McNair to death and appreciate all he has done for this team but if I were picking for the other team I would see him as damaged goods. A good hard sneeze could put him on the bench. Ray Lewis is just as quality of player who is much more durable and has probably more years left. Ray had a shoulder problem that bothered him for 2 seasons but that is fixed. Alot better health record than what McNair has. Ravens would be stupid to do this trade evenly. As for Big men in front of him, I don't think he would mind looking in front of him and seeing Haynesworth's big butt. Mcnair wont last 6 games for the Ravens before injury. Their O line wont be able to protect him enough.

8. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I think you're underestimating Baltimore. With a QB behind center that they had to respect, I think you'd see a lot less pressure and 8-man boxes. Remember, last year in pre-season, many people had them going deep into the postseason (myself included).

Why should Baltimore even try to trade for McNair though ? They will almost certainly get him for a free in a few weeks.

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Ummmm he was a perennial pro-bowler and one of the most underrated players ever the years before he got Sam Adams and company. They made him (as well as their whole D) shine, sure. But make no mistake, Ray Lewis would have been a great LB anywhere.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Well, because the longer we keep him, the less effective he could be for them. Plus, they might have to compete with other teams for his services.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar