How about this trade propsal regarding McNair

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bayou Titan, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KobeChaz

KobeChaz Guest

You forgot KVB! While it may not be Ray, I think adding one more stud on defense could really sure things up on that side of the ball.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

sheesh add Ray Lewis and Ty Law.

3. metal957

metal957 Starter

I'm all for this let the talks start

4. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

This is standard practice in the NFL. Once a trade was made they could renegotiate a contract. Atlanta had a deal on the table for John Abraham before he was even traded. Once the trade talks were allowed by the Titans the Raven and McNair could talk money then and have something agreed upon in principle before the trade would even consumate. A lot of times this is what makes or breaks a deal. A trade is absolutely an option.

5. maximus

maximus Starter

I wouldnt mind seeing Ray Lewis on the Titans. But now, the priority is and should be finding a way to keep McNair on the roster. The cap ramifications if we were to consider the deal Ray for Steve would shoot the deal dead.

We're okay at LB now that we have Thorton, a rookie LB or two will be drafted for depth.

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

A------------ooooooooooooooooooooo

The Gods will surely punish me now. How could I forget KVB. Reckon I'll have to make a human sacrifice to appease the Gods.

7. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

Ain't trying to revive this thread but they need to make this happen. Two unhappy players can make a right

Ray Lewis' problem with the Ravens might extend beyond his contract situation. In his first local interview in seven months, the former All-Pro middle linebacker cast a cloud over his relationship with Brian Billick when he declined to give the coach a vote of confidence.
    -- Baltimore Sun

8. Delaware Titan

Delaware Titan Camp Fodder

Last night Lewis was on SportsCenter and he said basically that if the Ravens arent committed to winning, and if they dont go back to the "D" that worked when they we really good to let him move on. He went on to say that he isnt a 3-4 LB he works best when he roams free with 2 big boys in front of him. He said that he doesnt understand why they have gotten away from a winning formula. I think we have the bigs that he is looking for to keep guards off of him. As much as I love Mac, I would do this trade in a heartbeat.

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

No way would I want Lewis.

Lewis said it the best, "He went on to say that he isnt a 3-4 LB he works best when he roams free with 2 big boys in front of him."

Without the guys in front he isn't that great. Those big guys on the DL are what made him.

10. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Lewis would beat the hell out of Pac Man on a daily basis...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar