How about KC v VY for starter?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Aug 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

You're correct. I already felt the same way.

2. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

LOL, thanks for proving my point. Why would any of us take what you say about VY seriously given this? Do you care to be taken seriously or are you just trying to incite flame wars?

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

And this is a prime example of a hater post.
    Why would Hawkins lie about a route to protect Vince?
    Dinger has even stated that Hawk has ran the wrong routes before. What part of Dinger's statements about Hawk eludes your acute perception?

You really need to check your rampant conspiracy theorems.

4. Pastorini

Pastorini Camp Fodder

I'm not an expert on labels but I personally think the opposite of a "hater" would be a "lover". If you want to call them "huggers" that is fine but I see see love/hate as opposites so "lover" applies better in my opinion. This reminds me of one political inclination calling themselves progressives implying that people not of that inclination are not progressive.

While you call yourself a realist is it possible some of the people you label as "haters" also view themselves as realists?

5. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

And if he plays in the reg season with the #1's with a gamplane and sucks... what then? "oh it's only his first game back, he's rusty."

That's what a lot of us realists have been trying to point out... there has NEVER been any accountability for Vince. There is always an excuse ready to deflect blame.

6. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

According to a Thesaurus, lover is the opposite of hater.
    According to internet forum context, hugger is the opposite of hater. Before you brought up the term 'lover', I do not recall it being used even once in any contextual discussion involving those opposing labels.

Probably, but then again, those people are probably idiots too.
    A realist will point out the postitives as well as the negatives.
    Anyone who incessantly says 'vince sucks', 'cut him', 'he isn't cut out for the NFL' is a hater.
    Anyone who says something like 'vince hasn't played well at all as of late but still has a chance to succeed', or 'while vince does have great talent, but I'm not sure if he will be able to make it in the NFL' is a realist.
    Anyone who incessantly says, 'vince got a bad rap', 'he should be starting instead of Collins' is a hugger.

7. Pastorini

Pastorini Camp Fodder

Thanks for the explanation. I personally view Kuharsky as a columnist not a reporter. Reporters should just report news but a columnist is actually paid to give his opinion.

I actually could understand his disappointment in any player not living up to their salary. I think if his "disdain" was based on him being treated badly personally than his opinion would be more "biased".

My personal thoughts on many players comes from how they carry themselves on and off the field not always their actual play. I often look at their behaviors and statements to the media/fans.

To me a leader should look to accept blame (even when it is not his fault) and direct credit to his teammates/coaches. A leader should put the team first.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

You are saying Vince Young, Coach Heimidinger, and the WR in question- Hawkins- are all lying.

What possible motivation does Hawkins have to do that? Do you think Heimi threatened to cut him if he didn't say that?

Whether it's true or not is irrelevant to you? It's irrelevant if the WR ran the right route?

Fwiw, I think VY should have thrown the pass away. I don't think it was a good decision. BUT, I'm not sure how the play would've turned out had Hawkins ran where he was supposed to.

9. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

Good post, particularly the bolded part. Vince is pretty good at the latter, not so good at the former.

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

It's apparent you guys simply are not comprehending what I'm trying to say. Do I believe that Hawkins had to say that? Yes. But it's irrelevant to me. Even if he did run the wrong route, it doesn't erase an overall bad performance by Young.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar