Houston or Indy?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Oct 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

It's called "acceptance." It's one of the latter stages of the process of being a Titans fan. Looks like you're still in the "Denial" phase.
    :brow:

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

No I realize we made life hard on ourselves by handing Cleveland that win, but if we're 3-3 today you and nobody else is talking about this..

3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Obviously I would prefer to see the Titans win the division ... but that just is not happening. So when the Titans are out, I like to root against teams in our division. Right now (living in Indy) I really hate all these smug ass Colts fans. I hate them so much infact, it would drive me to root for Houston, just so the Colts don't win the division.

Now, if the Titans didn't suck so much, then it would be a different story, but don't act like you hold out any real hope of the Titans winning this division. Just because we broke our 4 game losing streak by beating (barely) the wost team in the NFL.

Hey, we may even have a chance to go on the 1st win streak of Whiz's tenure since we get to play a 1 win team this week ... but I still won't hold out any hope for a division crown.

Don't get me wrong, I am rooting for my Titans to win (I'm no fake fan), just not gonna be delusional and think this is more than a 5 win team this year ... so the only way to shut up the Indy fans here is through Houston.

4. nickmsmith

Finding ways to lose winnable games, is a sure way get out of the playoff picture. Every loser team has the "should have been" moments.

We play in undoubtedly the worst division in the NFL, and still cannot grasp the opportunity.

5. Thaddeus43

But we are not 3-3 today.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

So we should stop playing and just lay down like a bunch of losers?

There's tons of football left, Im not giving up on the season so easy.

7. nickmsmith

It's not that "we" should, it's that "they" probably will.

A turnaround is not impossible, or completely implausible... but I'd be highly surprised, and I'll really start investing any thought to it, once they clinch a playoff spot. Til then, I'll hang tight.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Thaddeus43

And IF Bernard Pollard intercepts Romo for the gimme pick 6 then there is a good chance we beat the cowboys.

IF we don't miss 2 FGs against the Bengals, and IF don't give up a fumble and onside kick back to back to the Colts, then maybe both of those game stays closer. Even if we lose, maybe the Titans fans would see those as 'moral victories' and not be so down on the team since we 'hung in there' with some good teams

IF IF IF IF

... But none of that happened

There is not a great disparity between the good and bad teams in the NFL (just look at the Jets vs Pats game last night). The difference is, bad teams make mistakes and find ways to lose ... Good teams capitalize on mistakes and find ways to win.

We are the former and not the later.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Thaddeus43

I said that I will root for the Titans to win. Not advocating them laying down at all ... but the question was, if the Titans are out (which realistically is the most likely case) then which team would it be easier to stomach seeing them win the AFCS. I could stomach Houston winning easier than Indy

10. nickmsmith

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar