Horton on radio this morning

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Feb 6, 2014.

1. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

I remember Hopkins having to make some incredibly tough catches on that drive. McCourty's coverage was great it's just hard to stop a WR and QB who are both clicking. CB is one of those positions where you can do everything right and still get beat. It's just the nature of the position.
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

I'm not trying to say McCourty is bad
  3. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Defensive Coordinator

But can he save his drink like McCourty? (Watch McCourty closely as Locker takes him out)

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 As old as Titan. Tip Jar Donor

I actually think it is. It's overpaying for sure. But it would be worth it to cut CJ and pay Verner 11 million for a year.
  5. Soxcat

Soxcat Starter

OK, but Verner was a pro-bowl CB you trash talk like he is some kind of detriment to the team. Where does that put you? And now you bash the top CB in the game for his mannerisms? Smart? And Sherman isn't the only source saying Verner is a top cover CB.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/09/top-ten-nfl-cornerbacks_n_4071244.html
  6. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

I am in the JMac is our best corner boat, but will agree that Verner is more of a play-maker. JMac never got beat deep this past year that I can recall (I did miss 3 games). I saw Vern give up some big plays this season and one in the pro bowl. McCourty isn't that big, but he plays big and has the ability to take a great receiver out of a game. I would straight up trade Vern for D-Mac and we would have a sick CB tandem!
  7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

Deandre Hopkins tooled him pretty bad but they were also really good throws.
  8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Starter

Which one gets thrown at more? That would seem to be a good indication of which one opposing offenses think is the lesser CB.
  9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Some grade A idiotic posts in here
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Early in the season Id guess Verner got thrown at more, but as he showed QB's its a mistake to throw his way, things balanced out.

Also I read QB's only had a 23.8 QB rating vs Verner (best in the league) but he fell out of the top 10 completion percentage wise.