Horton on radio this morning

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Starter

The fact we are sitting here arguing about who is the better cb is a good thing. Both are good at what they do and I would hate to lose either of them. I think we are splitting hairs when we try to decide which is better.
    • High Five High Five x 3
  2. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Defensive Coordinator

It's a great thing. In the past we always argued about which player is less bad. Now it's about which one is actually better.

I think the only reason it's really an argument is because Vern's contract is over.
  3. Soxcat

Soxcat Starter

Verner gets flagged because he blankets WRs. And a 5 yard holding or illegal contact penalty isn't that big of a deal if the alternative is the guy catching the ball anyway. The guy was a pro-bowl player for God's sake. You talk like the guy is chicken crap. Sherman said he was one of the leagues best CBs.
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Sherman? The leagues biggest *****. Dudes got all the mannerisms of my late aunt Betty lol
  5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

[​IMG]

McCourtey is CONSTANTLY getting beat.

For 2 years straight now.

You and JC... jesus... get off the guy's jock. He's not very good.
  6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Verner got beat badly only once last year. McCourty held his own, but I swear you two have no idea what you are talking about on this one. Verner is the best player on the team not named Casey.
  7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

And if you disagree with me, it means you like dicks, all up in your face.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

What's even more mind blowing is you are acting like Verner didn't cover the number one at all, iirc it was an almost even split.
  9. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Defensive Coordinator

-McCourty has always been higher up on the depth chart than Vern
    -Our coaches have always trusted McCourty to cover the opposing #1 WR all this time.
    -McCourty must have earned this privilege somehow. I guess it was by outplaying Vern in practice and games, and other factors like film studding and game planning with coaches.

I'm sorry that you fail to understand that a franchise full of professional coaches who spend their lives with these players may know a bit more about them than a fan who watches the games and follows the team. I hope you're not one of those guys who thinks they are actually smarter and more informed than the people who do this for a f**king living. If so, all your credibility is already lost.

I can respect the argument that Vern is becoming better than McCourty.. fine. But to say that McCourty flat out sucks is a JOKE.
  10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

You guys must have forgotten Hopkins winning the game while being covered by McCourty. Verner covered Hopkins that drive also, I'll let you figure it out.