Horton accepts Titans’ DC job

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Jan 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Somebody got their panties in a bunch.

Just because we spent alot of money & drafted OL early doesn't mean our offensive line was good. I don't care how big of a name you are, if you're not producing. Our offensive line was horrible last year, it upgrade to bad this year, but it still needs work.

Our offensive line is fine when healthy... Roos, Levtire, & Warmack all started 16 games. David Stewart, who has been awful since he broke his leg, started 12 games. Schwenke/Turner split time at center. The fact of the matter is Roos is on his last year & Stewart is as good as gone. Warmack & Schwenke both struggled, but I do have faith they'll both turn it around. We need tackle help & we need it bad.

We gave us 37 sacks, T-9th most in the league. PFF ranked us 22nd in the NFL, Pass Blocking: 26th & Run Blocking 18th. Here's a great site that breakdowns OLs: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Our offensive line was average, at the very best.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Test

[​IMG]

Interesting that we all figured (with good reason) that Wimbley was a goner. Now all of a sudden he looks like a keeper. I think Lavar Edwards will also be moved to OLB. ILB seems a little soft at this point. Would like to see a bigger, more physical type in there to offset Brown, Foku and Gooden.

4. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Horton is a great hire! We may not go totally 3-4 but we will for sure be hybrid very aggressive and be much better at stopping the run.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I have a friend who is a Browns fan. He is very disappointed to lose Horton.

6. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

The entire staff is just looking great! The browns had a pretty good staff, and they just let them walk and still do not have a coach and the assistant pool is drying up quickly. I think the titans have turned a major corner as an organization.

7. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

I think it comes down to potential.. Matthews couldn't get it done with that line but Schwenke and Warmack will get better the more games they play, Levitre should live up to his contract in years to come. Big country and Roos are both 31 so I agree with you that they are at the end of their careers, with the average playing career of o lineman being 10 years and both having played 9. Drafting lineman in the first round would be nice, however I think most fans want to see a playmaker this year, since we drafted line in the first round last year.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Hopefully this becomes 100% official tomorrow.

9. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Sadly on paper doesn't win us football games...

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar