Horsing around

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Titans players go nuts during lineman relay race to earn a day off | FOX Sports

1st it was games of HORSE, then spelling Bees and now rely racing?

Is this really the best use of time to develop a young team?

I mean, I understand the philosophy (team building, Morale, etc), but for a young and undisciplined team last year, is focusing on the "fun and games" really going to help? Does Mularkey truly believe that this is the secret sauce that will make this team competitive?

No reason to be a drill sergeant, but most these players have never had a taste of winning. They don't know what it means to be a professional. Shouldn't the focus be put on that?

Maybe I am over-reacting, but Fisher and Munch tried these same types of shenanigans, and it got us no where. Is Bill Belicheck allowing his players to play grab ass at practice everyday?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 5
  2. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

The point of these are after practice, he sets up team building competitions. Everything he is doing would be considered a form of competing with each other.

I forget what interview it was, but he said he wants his players to be ultra competitive on and off the field..

As for yesterday, he wasn't even planning on having them come in. But Amy Adams said she wanted so see one of the events and also wanted to tell the players face to face that she just finalized the purchase of a home in Nashville.

#2 Roscoes Wetsuit, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

None of this is taking away from practice time, except for the relay, which was the sole purpose of it.

You are bitching about something that takes away minutes of time away.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 4
    • High Five High Five x 3
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  4. meekmode

meekmode Starter

can't underestimate the value of team chemistry

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 6
  5. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

We are so used to trashing the team, its easy to nitpick.

This doesnt bother me.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

It seems like the players enjoy it and it's competitive. Doesn't bother me.

As others have said, I don't think they're calling off practice to have a spelling bee...just a couple of mins before or after practice that they're using in a different manner.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

You probably used more time typing this out than it took the Titans to run a fat guy relay race.

• LOL LOL x 2
  9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Seriously who cares...I think it's a good thing...Finally creating a team for once.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Guys are gonna horse around anyways, might as well keep practice intresting and incorporate it in somehow.

Any added pressure on Warmack is a plus, that guy needs to play up to his draft pick.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar