horse-collar rule

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

is the worst rule ever. what is a defender supposed to do, give up the td?

:sad2:

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

You can grab the jersey, but not the shoulder pads.
    It's a good rule, can result in bad knee injuries. Even career ending ones, like Calico's.

3. Fry

it's just another thing that takes the aggression out of the defenders. you're not allowed to touch the golden boys(qb), you cant hit recievers when they go over the middle and now you cant tackle from behind.

it's just another way the league has successfully wussified itself and gives the offense another advantage to score points. we all know if TO didnt get hurt it wouldnt have happened.

lets face it, plays happen to fast to tell whether a player grabbed inside the jeresy or inside the shoulder pads.

4. galaril

galaril Camp Fodder

I was actually, wondering this when I saw the game saving tackle on the 2 point conversion play by the Vols player yesterday on the Air Force RB. It was very high and was wondering if they have this rule in college.

5. Fry

nope. they're allowed to play in college.

6. sbrlz2787

sbrlz2787 NFL Europe

it was only made because the nfl loves terrell owens so when he got hurt that had to come into effect

7. sbrlz2787

sbrlz2787 NFL Europe

it was only made because the nfl loves terrell owens so when he got hurt that had to come into effect

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I'd like to see them bring back the clothesline. You never see a good hit anymore. They should just give them the Don Bee Bee cushy helmet and let them smack the crap out of each other again.

9. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Why stop there? Bring back the leather helmet.

:rolleyes:

10. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

Rule is stupid for me, you could get injured in any way, collar tackles are not just "the main %" for injuries. As a fact an straight tackle to the back knee flexor (or "legpit") is more dangerous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar