Horror Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by onetontitan, Oct 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Yes, The Host was great... Those wacky SKs get it right again...

Saw the brand new remake of NIGHT of The DEMONS last night.. Not bad considering. I always dig fun flicks like this and they got most of it right sans the infamous "Angela dance". Shannon Elizabeth isn't as freaky as the original but the whole Halloween party vibe makes up for this. The old house was very cool as well..
    Edward Furlong on the other hand is turning into Newman from Seinfeld.. WTF?
    There is a great "No costume - no candy" scene to boot.
    Overall - better than I expected. If you liked the original, check this out...

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Horsemen.

A straight to DVD movie with Dennis Quad. Very Se7en-ish. I'd recommend it being worth a watch. It's on Netflix instant watch if you have a video game console.

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I was watching Halloween III - Season of the Witch the other night on Fear Fest, and I had to come to this thread and defend it.

I admit, I HATED this film when I was a kid. I remember coming back from Blockbuster with some friends, popping in the VHS, and being utterly baffled at what I was watching. The fact that Mike Myers and co. were completely absent was utterly confusing. Most people probably had this reaction, and I can understand the huge aura of disdain this film gets because of it. Interestingly enough, Carpenter never intended Halloween series to be Myers', but to have an anthology of horror stories.

1. The atmosphere was really good. It was tense throughout, even when the mystery of the masks is solved. Carpenter did a really nice job on the music as well - pure '80s goodness.

2. The acting isn't bad. Sometimes, it's even good. I like Atkins in whatever he's in, and Dan O'Herlihy is a bit understated in a role that could have easily been over-the-top cheesy with another actor.

3. What can I say, it has some charm! Some of the kills are pretty fun and the gore wasn't too bad. I still think the "Silver Shamrock Halloween" jingle is creepy as hell, appropriately disturbing.

I'm not saying this is anything more than a decent '80s horror film, but the fact that it has a 3.8 on IMDB, plus the non-stop abuse many horror fans give, is highly unwarranted.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Watched Carnival of Souls last night...ahhhhh.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Halloween III is great 80's cheese. And of course Silver Shamrock is legendary. So funny to me that young girls are so willing to hop in bed with Tom Aktins in these movies. Must be the mustache!
    The scene where the kids are walking over the hill trick or treating is everything that Halloween is about..

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

We watched it earlier this month.. A classic no doubt. The "carnival" (SaltAire) is still there outside Salt Lake. They have Rock concerts and whatnot there. It's on my list of must-visit places.
    Next year we are planning a trip to Black Park outside of Buckinghamshire, which is the place Hammer flicks and tons of other horror productions were filmed. Most likely if you saw Transylvania in a flick in the 60s or 70s is was actually Black Park.. Ironically it's the same place where Eden Lake was filmed..

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Watched Trick R Treat....not scary. Doesn't even try to be scary.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The Orphanage. Great movie. Not scary though.

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Gunny, if you like The Orphanage, check out The Devil's Backbone. Same type of movie, better execution IMO. It's by the guy who did Pan's Labyrinth.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I will check that out. I also have been meaning to watch Pan's for the last 2 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar