Hopkins thinks he's gone

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Agent Thinks Titans to Release Hopkins

SUMMARY: Mark Bartelstein, the agent representing LT Brad Hopkins, thinks his client will be released in just a few days. "The Titans have a tough cap situation, which we are sensitive to. If I had to guess right now I would say probably Brad will be on the market as a free agent," said Bartelstein. "He’d love to stay in Tennessee, but I don’t know if it is going to be possible from a cap standpoint." The 13-year veteran had a $5 million option put in his contract last offseason and is scheduled to earn a base salary of $4.25 million.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. maximus

maximus Starter

Hopkins is no longer a stallwart, his ability and contribution has been on the decline last year

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Another Oiler bites the dust.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I like where Banshee is going with that. I want the Titans be built from the ground up. The idea of a young, physically dominating line just makes me want to pick up a chair and throw it. (that's good btw) :flame:

I'm getting sick of watching Steve get the crap
    knocked out of him 8-10 times a game.

5. metal957

metal957 Starter

And we have a winner!!!

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Na-na na-na-na na na na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye
    Hey hey-hey, goodbye
    Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

No. That's wrong. That line needs re-birth.
    Circle of life. Fare thee well.

8. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

So long number 72, it's been a good 13 years. I wish him good luck in the future and I hope he gets a chance with someone else, if he still wants to play.
    On a related note, wouldn't it be cool if we draft Leinert? We could replace Hoppy with a bum and save money. Roos can protect his blindside.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Hopkins was an All-Pro with a HoFer at his right elbow and average at best with lesser teamates at his side. Hopkins has been stinking up the LT position for 3 years now. Good riddence and this is definatly a case of addition by subtraction - it just should have been done sooner.

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Yeah, but you gotta give it to Hopkins, he said he thought he would be cut before it was annonuced, so obviously he did pretty good on the Wonderlic.
    :winker:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar