Hopefully after 14 seasons Fisher has learned the value of playmakers on O

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tuk88, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I know what you mean. Obviously there were some coaching problems. I don't agree with the lack of playmakers.

2. Tuk88

Tuk88 Camp Fodder

Gunny, you're right, my bad, I believe Mason was let go in the middle of his second contract. He did go on to have 1000 yard seasons in 3 of the next 4 years.

3. Tuk88

Tuk88 Camp Fodder

that's fine nick, but you have to at least agree that CJ is a playmaker that has made a fairly significant impact on this team regardless of whether any more playmakers is what the team needs or not.

4. nickmsmith

Absolutely. I think we could use another FA RB, and getting some recievers past Gage would be ideal, but the whole smaller, speedier thing is not necessarily the answer. And Justin McCareins sucks. I'm not making excuses for him. BJ and Gage are world-class IMO.

5. Tuk88

Tuk88 Camp Fodder

That's a good debate question...

Why aren't smallish receivers (under 5'11, under 190 lbs) with blazing speed and separation abilities not an answer, at least for one of your top three receivers?

Just to respond, Givens was 215 lb, Calico was 220 lb. Givens was a possession receiver, Calico was just a big guy with 4.34 speed that never proved he could make big plays even at the college level.

6. nickmsmith

I don't mean it wouldn't be great to have one. But is that what's going to get us over the top? I don't think so.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Eddie George, Steve McNair, Vince Young, Chris Johnson, Chris Henry? How many dynamic offensive playmakers are there in the league? Brian Westbrook, Steve Smith, Adrian Peterson......If you wanna complain about anything, be pissed at the fact we took Craig Stevens in the 3rd round this past draft instead of taking another "weapon".

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Calico was less of a project than Vince Young. That dude was going to be a player.......then couldn't even rehab back to 50%, pretty sad.:irked:

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

If you put VY, CJ, and guy like Maclin together. We will finally have all the pieces and no excuses. We needed speed. All we need now is a speed WR to compliment VY on the roll out.

Even if collins remains qb, how many times did you see a nice deep ball land a foot out of the wr's hands. A guy like Maclin gets to those nice deep balls. A guy like Maclin sees VY roll out, and seperates. We get a guy like this, and it will all fall into place on offense in my opinion. Gage is a good high ball receiver. He's proven that. And with the inaccurate qb's we have, that fits. We just need a guy who can get downfield and get open. Even if we draft a mouseketeer, I don't care, it will work. We need speed. So do the Ravens by way. But we could really jump to the next level with a guy like that.

10. Tuk88

Tuk88 Camp Fodder

Good input. I should have titled the thread, "Hopefully after 14 seasons Fisher has learned the value of smaller playmakers on O".

Obviously, guys under 5'11, 195 lbs tend to have the deep speed, are quicker, outside of a few freak exceptions (and that's asking way too much. It's just that the Titans have a policy of not spending a high draft pick or free agent $ on receivers and running backs smaller than that... until last year. IMO, the signs are good that we pick up another such player this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar