Hope Hines on channel 5 Volek to 3rd team

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanmc, Sep 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

According to Hines, Volek gave an interview to a reporter in San Diego tonight, saying he has been demoted to third team and Collins would start. He said he was told it was because he had a bad attitude and poor work ethic.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Bipolar was right. Volek did throw a hissie.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Well, it is what it is. In the end I don't really care. It would have been interesting to see Volek start. But no matter, Collins is something new to talk about. And may usher in the Vince Young era even sooner.

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Bet on it.

5. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

That's bizarre. I don't see Volek actually giving that type of interview. He certainly doesn't have a bad attitude and he's got a good work ethic. Either way, if Hines reported it, then neither he nor anyone on his staff will be allowed at Titan's practices anymore.

6. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

According to how the story was reported on channel 5, Hope quoted ESPN Radio 1430 in San Diego, in their interview with Billy.

Hope did not report on anything he saw at practice, and technically did not violate the quarterback gag rule Fisher mandated.

"Bad attitude and poor work ethic" Ouch man, somebody throw Billy a towel, he just got tagged, again.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

8. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

So, we have the McNair lock-out, the Volek con.
    What next?
    What will the home team do next to prove this is not a "class" organization like Anderson thought it was a few years ago?

9. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

"I just have to hang tight, and maybe create a ruckus after this game (the opener), and see if I can get out to San Diego or Oakland"

normally I skip the ruckus and go right up to melee

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

My take on that

"I just have to hang tight, and maybe create a ruckus after my $1 million base salary becomes guaranteed, then I might hold out & see if I can get out to San Diego or Oakland":grrhee:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar