Hope he is not the starter

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bayou Titan, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

JG does not have final say on who starts, who is activated, who is signed and released.

MR is the guy too look at for Hope being here and MM for Hope starting. The coordinators will play who they are told too play.

I know that the front office should be getting guys to fit the HC/OC/DC system, but you gotta play the hand in front of you. Babaneux should be playing but that $6.5m is talking if Hope starts sunday.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Based on what? It's not like Hope was the one getting burned in the Jacksonville game, that was Michael Griffin.

Babineaux hasn't done a single thing in coverage. His claim to fame is a recovered fumble.

If the coaches didn't want Hope to play and preferred Babineaux, Hope would have been cut. He's in the final year of his deal and there would have been no left over money taking up cap room. The coaches obviously feel Hope should be the starter.

I just don't see where favoritism is in play here. What does Mike Munchak have invested in Chris Hope? Munchak didn't bring him in. Grey is more familiar with Babs and Jordan has more experience in the system and yet Hope starts. Babs would have cost Bud a significantly less amount of money, but Hope starts.

If Hope stinks things up against the Browns or Steelers then I'm all for him riding the pine, but Babineaux hasn't done anything to earn the job and Hope hasn't done anything this year to lose it.

3. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Not given up many big plays. He's a safety, your not gonna see too much

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Aside from whiffing on Ray Rice's screen pass?

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]

I recall this pretty real stupid 49 yard PI call that lost the Titans a game

FWIW there are lots, and lots or others.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

There's no reason why a player should lose his job because of an injury, but there is plenty of reason for a player to be put into a competition at their position because of an injury.

Let Hope start the next two games and put Babs in a little more liberally for breathers. If Babs does more or is better during his time on-field, then Babs gets the start.

I don't want to force Hope to sit just because Babs was decent, but I certainly don't want Hope to keep his job if we know someone behind him can play better.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Hope has proven he stinks, Babaneixusx has yet too prove it. He might stink as much as Hope but I hope not.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I'm not a big fan of Hope, but don't mind him getting the start. Like stated, I just hope that Munch doesn't hesitate to make the move to Babs if Hope stinks it up.

9. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Yep, like when Rod Hood was the hot hand and Harper was put back in in the starting line after he returned from injury. Anyway, Hope hasn't been terrible this year so far, but yeah, his starting job should not be safe.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Tackling: Hope > Babineaux
    Coverage: Hope < Babineaux

Questions is, do you want a tackling/run-supporting safety, or a coverage/pass-supporting safety. My vote is for Babs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar