Hope he is not the starter

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bayou Titan, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

Frankly, Babineaux has outplayed Hope. And he spells his name like a cajun.... How wise is it to start Hope? Does it set the defense back? How many people can Cj's jock carry? (my bad that last question slipped)... let's talk about safeties.

Geaux Tigers!

2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

When they asked Munchak in my opinion he kind of left the door open for Babineaux to continue playing..he said "if Hope is healthy..I would assume he would start..if he's 100%"..and he kept pausing like he wasn't 100% sure. let's just hope Hope stays on the bench.

3. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Munch isnt gonna let Hope lose his job from injury. He played one game and really wasnt bad. If Hope struggles, im sure Munch will but big play babs back in.

4. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Lets Hope(lol) that Munchak is more flexible about letting others play when they are clearly the better player no matter if the player is injured or not.

Damn it Big Play Babs needs to be the one in there starting.Thank Goodness Jeff 'I'll Play A Veteran Until They Stop Breathing' Fisher is no longer here to dictate.

That man left a lot of wins out there on the field because he was too damn stubborn to let the best man play regardless of if the player was 24 or 44 years old.Letting the younger players play i believe has already payed off quite handsomely for Munch.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Yeah... not starting Babineaux may wind up being a huge mistake.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Here's a tweet from Jim Wyatt from earlier today...
    I know a lot of people don't believe in losing your job to injury but I just feel you have to go with the "hot hand". In the NFL it's a 16-game season and every game counts. You can't afford to not have your best players on the field simply to spare someone's feelings (this BTW was a huge flaw of Fisher's as we all know).

I suppose giving Hope one last shot isn't the end of the world. I just hope that TitansJonne is right and Munch won't hesitate to throw Babineaux back in there if Hope is struggling.

NICE thread title BTW. :ha:

7. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Anyone get the feeling the first thing Hope is going to do is piss everyone off by giving up a big play or two very early in the game.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

What has Babs done to earn the job?

Jerry Grey coached him in Seattle, he knows what he's capable of doing and he's still not the starter. That should tell you something.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

tells me Hope is making $6.5m

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

If Grey thought Babineaux was better he would have been the starter from the beginning and Hope would have been released/taken a pay-cut.

What does Grey have to gain by starting Hope over Babineaux? Grey has nothing invested in Hope.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar