Hope has Neck Surgery, Optimisitic for '08 Return

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans S Chris Hope recently had neck surgery and is optimistic for a return next season. "He is going to be fine and he'll be playing next year, I can assure you of that," said Hope's agent. "He'll be 100 percent. It was the best move for him. He'll be back and ready to go when opening day comes." After several weeks of rest, doctors decided Hope needed a procedure on his neck to help alleviate potential problems in the future. Other Titans who recently had minor surgery includes Tony Brown (knee), Vincent Fuller (shoulder), Nick Harper and Craig Hentrich (knee and shoulder) for injuries suffered during the season or for wear and tear during their careers. LenDale White is expected to have arthroscopic surgery on a knee soon.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Let's hope he makes it back 100%. He's a dramatic improvement over Lowry.

He and Griffin could become one of the top S tandems in the league.

3. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

for sure, i hope he does to. hes a leader and a good player for this team

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Hope at 100% and Griffin improving will be a great S combination.

5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

heal well Hope...

neck injuries are hard to come back from for the normal "non-football" playing demographic, can't imagine the rehab process for him

good luck

6. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Titans' FS Hope has surgery to repair neck injury

Tennessee Titans starting free safety Chris Hope, who missed five games in 2007 finished the season on injured reserve, has undergone neck surgery to address the spinal cord injury that knocked him out of action. ...more

[​IMG]

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I hope his agent's speak is realistic. Really miss him.

8. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

He was a big help to the young CBs and Griffin this year. We wouldn't have had so much trouble with Chambers and Jackson if he had been healthy. Lowry's a good backup but he can't play consistently.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

He's one of my favorite Titans. I really, really hope to see him on the field making plays next season.

10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

My concern is if this surgery was so important why did he not take it a few weeks ago. More recovery time is better am I wrong .... ?

Why when our season is over is this so important?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar