Hope has been on the market long enough...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ToddTheTitan, Apr 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Robert Johnson played in all of three games in two seasons. Chris Hope wasn't very good, but I'd rather him coming off the bench than a guy who has never had an NFL tackle.

To take my original point a step further. If (like you said) Babs goes down and Johnson can't play SS... who comes in to play SS?

2. patitansfan10

patitansfan10 Camp Fodder

A rookie

3. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I'm just not ok with having a rookie as our only insurance to an injury, unless said rookie was picked in the first couple rounds.

4. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

I would be perfectly fine with getting Harrison Smith in the first if all other options are gone, defensive ends have question marks all over them. Defensive tackle is probably the deepest in the class, along with cornerback, and receiver.

5. patitansfan10

BPA Smith would be a huge reach. Never reach to fill a need it will come back to hurt you in the end. Trading up in the 2nd to make sure we get him sure but he is not worth a 1st with the talent that should/will be left at 20.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

What's a "couple mil a year"? $2-3M? Because if so, you're insane. Chris Hope isn't worth more than $850k
    He's just too slow to consider bringing back as a DB. He has no "go" left. If he's beat, he's not recovering, he's giving up a TD.
    As much as I dislike the idea of keeping Hope, he is better than Johnson at this point, which is incredibly sad. Robert Johnson may not make this team if we draft a safety in any round.

7. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Chris Hope is worth about 850K but so were shaw and Stevens to me. Amano is not worth that. I still have high hopes for Johnson but I think he is more of a free safety but we do have a FRANCHISE S MR. GRIFFIN! I also think we overpayed Babs he was on the street last year. Hate to be negative but this offseason is so disappointing to me except I love the Hutch and the Wimbley signings

8. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Why would Harrison Smith be a huge reach with our pick, and I said if all other options are gone.

9. patitansfan10

Because he is not a 1st round talent. The only reason you would take him is to fill a need and that is not the way to draft. All other options will not be gone at pick 20.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

If we were going Harrison Smith we would have to trade down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar