Hope has been on the market long enough...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ToddTheTitan, Apr 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

No way Campbell plays SS. He'd have to play FS due to his speed and coverage skills. No reason to put him in the box.

I'd bring in Hope for the minimum to a million if no better options come available.

I sure hope some better options become available.

2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I thought Hope played pretty good in the box last year. He's an older player, and has slower reflexes, but his experience seemed to put him in good position last season. I agree with just about every poster on this board that his coverage skills are garbage, but I thought he was decent near the line of scrimmage.

3. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Theres a reason why he's been on the market this long...

4. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

I'd rather have Melvin Bullit

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Bullitt has only played in 6 games over the last two yaers but he used to be a ST captain before he became a starter and might be willing to come in as a back up and play STs for a decent price.

6. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

No way. Have we all not forgotten all the times that he got beat on play action. I would rather go after a SS that becomes a June 1st causality from another team than this guy.

7. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Yeah I'd just want him as a cheap backup/ST player

8. patitansfan10

patitansfan10 Camp Fodder

No he hasn't and a UDFA or late round pick would be better than Hope at this point.

9. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I think yall are understating our need at safety. The only two players on the team who have shown the ability to play safety in the NFL are Griffin and Babineaux. If either of them get injured we have to play Robert Johnson. Chris Hope is better than Johnson.

Hopefully, we can find an upgrade at safety some time after the draft. But I don't think there will be much available.

10. patitansfan10

patitansfan10 Camp Fodder

Have you seen Hope play lately? I'd much rather give Johnson a shot who wouldn't play if Babs went down anyway cause he is a FS. Hope sucks he is slow and an awful open field tackler. I'd rather give a young kid a chance because maybe he surprises and plays well but if he sucks its still no worse than Chris Hope who is a guaranteed suck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar