Hood!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by soopacee, Dec 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soopacee

soopacee I'm Blaine Bishop

12 Tlks, 3 INT in just 3 games is amazing for a guy that hadn't played in a NFL game since he last played with Arizona in 2008

thats all that need to be said

FARPER!

2. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

I agree...Harper has done a horrible job and his replacement should be Hood. However, I wouldnt give him ALL the credit for those 3 picks though. One happened because the receiver ran into the official, 2nd off a tip from Griff and the 3rd through the hands of Hope I believe.

Dont get me wrong, Im a fan of Hood...he's always around the ball and THATS why he should be starting. And also because he knows how to tackle a receiver short of a first down.

3. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

It's called being in the right place at the right time. Hood seems to have a nack for being there when it counts.

You can call it luck if you want, but I will take Luck over Suck any day. Harper = suck.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Completely agree! I said that hes always around the ball, and thats something that Harper has NOT done this entire season. His time has past.

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lKnSpimeAF4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lKnSpimeAF4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

6. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

Sorry i dont buy this! Hood got those INTS because he has the ability to keep pace with his receiver and look for the ball too. Something Harper simply can not do. No way in hell Harper makes any one of those INTS because his is always trying to catch up with the reciever and never has his rock head turned around to look for the ball.. (And i swear if you bring up that stupid fluke he had this weekend i will.......:evil:)

Corner has to keep pace with his assignment and know when to turn and look for the ball. Do this consistently and those INTS like HOod had would happen..

When the ref interfered with the Wr on that play, Hood still has to make a play on it. He had to look for the ball find it and catch it. Something Harper simply cant do! Its not like he was chasing the guy and the ball hit the ref in and fell in HOods hands.

On the INT that griffin batted to HOOd, again Hood had to be in the right place at the right time to catch the ball. Harper would have been running out of breath desperately trying to catch the WR who had previously burned him.

On the third INT he made for a TD i dont know what you are talking about. THe Qb threw the ball over every body. Matter of fact the play is spectacular in that Hood is right behind the Wr when the pass is made. He was quick enough to see the ball clear the WR and he was standing smack dub in the right spot at the right time looking for that ball.
    That is an INT harper will never ever make!!!

Give me Hood friday and i guarantee you this. You will be back here explaining how Hood fluked a ball batted by a receiver to hood or some other story like that.

This is the NFL you dont fluke 3 back to back INTS just on pure luck! That chite just dont happen bro!

El Linko------> to Hoods INT for a TD..

7. MadDog

MadDog GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!

Luck or not, the the man is paying attention and doesn't always have his back to the ball.

8. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Ok, you're completely missing what Im saying. Im NOT a fan of Harper and have wanted him taken out since the Houston game. The only thing I was saying was that Hood got some help with his picks, but that is a result of always being around the ball and playing GREAT man to man. Im not in the least bit saying that it was luck.

And Ive watched all the games, I dont need to see a highlight to know what Hood's capable of.

You're talking to the wrong person buddy, I was more than pissed off when Fish kept Nick in over Rod.

9. amy

amy Starter

On the Fisher show Tuesday, Fisher was asked about Harper and he got a tad miffed when the host-forget his name-mentioned the fact that not too many people are in favor of his decision to play Harper over Hood. He basically said the host had been listening to uninformed talking heads. It was funny to see him get his dander up! It was one of the few times I've seen animated conversation out of him. So don't look for him to play Hood unless Harper can't function. He's in love with the guy!

10. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

tell the truth.. you need that highlight to make sure Hood got a clean INt for a td without any help from hope like you said earlier.. come on now...

tell the truth..:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar